Thread: A question about Desura keys

A question about Desura keys

Hey Chris, I got a message on Desura telling me that I got gifted a copy of Xenonauts, but I've already bought one from before the kickstarter, is there any way that I can regift that copy to a friend?

Sergeant
    The link in the email is basically just a CD-key, just give that link to your friend and it'll work just fine. (or forward the whole mail to your friend).

Depends on if you are trying to complement your kickstarter pledge with your previous preorder. If you are you should email chris on chris@xenonauts.com (I think, check his signature to be sure.) and provide confirmation ID from desura from your preorder and your transaction ID from Amazon and details about the reward you are interested in.

If you just bought a second copy through kickstarter and are not interested in any reward beyond what you have gotten, then there should be no problm with you giving it away.

Yup, what Gorlom and Kaguya have said is correct!
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Alright, but its come through on desura as a game gift? no cd key, just the gift box sort of thing, how would I get the key from that exactly?

Also, is there any difference between the Xenonauts Alpha that I have on my desura atm and the Xenonauts Premium Alpha that was gifted to me?

No, there are no premium version of the game. The premium bonuses are only stuff outside the game, like the gold forum badge and Xenonauts novella by Lee Stephen.

yeah didn't think so, just comes up as 2 different things in Desura is all

I think it's so that Desura and this forum knows which ones are supposed to have the gold medal and which are supposed to have the silver one.

Also, you can gift keys here: https://secure.desura.com/cart/gifts

Quite a few manual pledge people have recieved double keys because of limitations through Desura. If you've done that, please don't just give the extra key to someone else
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt