Why the separate burst fire mode?

Why not just make burst fire a standard fire mode selectable beyond 'aimed' fire with the assault rifle? I find it gets annoying to toggle between the two modes of operation with the little click button (especially because it seems a bit bugged for me and sometimes doesn't click over). I don't see a good reason to separate out the fire modes, and unless someone has a good reason why the two modes should exist, I think I'd like to see the 'burst' fire mode incorporated into the standard right-click cycle options for shooting at a target (so when you right-click a target, it goes: snap, normal, aimed, burst, snap.)

As annoying as you find it, with the introduction of suppression, burst fire is here to stay. However, a little UI streamlining so all modes are accessable from the right mouse button does sound like a good idea.

To clarify, I don't want burst fire mode to go away at all. I just want it incorporated into the right-click cycle menu rather than being a separate little 'gun fire mode' function.

Because the right click is for more accurate aiming not alternative fire modes. Maybe there could be a key-bind for this.

I could understand that if we had things like 'snap burst fire' and 'aimed burst fire', but we don't. There's just one 'burst fire' mode, which it appears to me could be incorporated seamlessly into the right-click cycle.

It does spoil the flow a little though.

If you want to fire a couple of bursts at an enemy using your assault rifle you would need to click something like 8 times instead of just pressing b then clicking twice.

Would it be easier for right click up bring up a little starburst of icons to pick your fire mode if you wanted all of the shot types to be available easily?