Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why so much air combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Skar View Post
    Well, there is always hope this can be modded later?
    Not unless someone with coding skills manages to add it in to the source code.

I would still have liked to see the air combat as turn based instead of real time with a pause button.
    Fits better with the ground combat and also with the type of game I wanted to play when I picked up a turn based game.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Skar View Post
    I feel similar like the original poster. The air minigame is not very fun/interesting for me.

I can respect that my fighters are not fast or not strong enough (based one quipment stats etc) to shoot down an ufo, but to make it dependent on some form of arcade minigame, i simply dont like.

Thats why i dont play an real-time jump n run, but some round-based strategy title in the first place.

An "auto-resolve option" would be nice for ppl who simply dont enjoy that part.

There could be an option to "auto-resolve" integrated in the minigame start window (when its paused), so the player can chose to either control himself or let the pc do it without having another pop-up.

At this point for me a pop-up with the result of the auto-resolved battle would be enough, but of course it would be kind of cool to just watch the fight or jump in and take over control if the "auto-pilot" messes-up.
    Probably takes too much effort - so a pop-up with the result is probably all you could ask for at this point of the development.

I think the possible combinations of enemies and player controlled vehicles is limited (3 on each side? with xy different ufos vehicles) and the aircraft weapons probably already have some stats etc.

Well, there is always hope this can be modded later?
    If you want to blatantly cheat you can always mod your aircrafts to be indestructible/invincible. That way you jsut have to press play and watch your airplanes mow the UFOs down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauddlike View Post
    Not unless someone with coding skills manages to add it in to the source code.

I would still have liked to see the air combat as turn based instead of real time with a pause button.
    Fits better with the ground combat and also with the type of game I wanted to play when I picked up a turn based game.
    Thats a pity, as it makes it more unlikely to happen ^^
    I completely agree about the turn based part tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    If you want to blatantly cheat you can always mod your aircrafts to be indestructible/invincible. That way you jsut have to press play and watch your airplanes mow the UFOs down.
    I dont want to cheat, still hope for a different option