Laser Weapons Balance issues?

I don't know if this has been posed as a bug or suggestion. I have noticed some Laser Weapons balance issues..... Laser Pistol has burst, not a bad idea, just make it like a Laser Machine Pistol, lol there are Pistols out there in the world with Burst fire. Scatter Laser has a 4 round clip and only 3 round burst fire, you gotta carry tons of clips and its like the machine gun Big blalance issue there to me. at least give it like a 3 round burst per charge it takes up. and maybe you can make not a laser shotgun, but a laser that works like one with like a cone fire spraying lasers in several directions all at the same time rather than like a burst, lol

I don't know if this has been posed as a bug or suggestion. I have noticed some Laser Weapons balance issues..... Laser Pistol has burst, not a bad idea, just make it like a Laser Machine Pistol, lol there are Pistols out there in the world with Burst fire. Scatter Laser has a 4 round clip and only 3 round burst fire, you gotta carry tons of clips and its like the machine gun Big blalance issue there to me. at least give it like a 3 round burst per charge it takes up. and maybe you can make not a laser shotgun, but a laser that works like one with like a cone fire spraying lasers in several directions all at the same time rather than like a burst, lol

The game is still in development and it currently being worked on and this is one of those things that has not been fixed yet. If you want to fix it for yourself you can pretty easily modify it through the weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml files in the game. I am currently in the process of developing a tool that can be used to update the files for weapons in the game which can be found in the modding section if you are interested. When I made the changes in my game I gave the scatter laser a 40 round clip with 10 shot burst and dramatically reduced accuracy (I'm still having trouble finding a good balance for this though).

The ammo will be higher for the scatter laser once it is properly implemented.

The laser pistol will not have burst.

Both of these problems were also present for the ballistic tier when they were first introduced.

It will all be sorted as the alpha continues.

The Laser Pistol having burst is a mistake, so sayeth our uberlord.

The ammo count for the scatter laser is also broken. I suspect it should be 40 but someone missed a 0 when they added it to weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml.

As an aside, I wouldn't call this balance issues, more design issues. Balance issues implies either them being too good or terrible. Personally I think they're a tad heavy for the pistol, carbine and rifle, but otherwise fine.

Edited by Buzzles

i think the laser sniper needs to be beefed up a lil, can single shot an alien with the ballistic, but not the laser. WTF?

The precision laser rifle does more damage than the ballistic one, but by the time you get it, you are probably meeting tougher aliens as well. A good indication on the lizard people is how much black armour they are wearing.

The precision laser rifle does more damage than the ballistic one, but by the time you get it, you are probably meeting tougher aliens as well. A good indication on the lizard people is how much black armour they are wearing.

Indeed, not only does it do more damage, it also has a greater armour mitigation value as well. It is just all round better (apart from weighing a ton).

They do? Currently I'm selling off tons of the stuff to get money.. since I get A LOT of it.

They don't currently, but they will.

I think the price of Alenium will go up for the final game, as it's going to be rather important.