Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick questions

Point take on the free gear. I can see what you all are saying.

-

Thanks for the info on repairs/recruiting

-

Yes, I meant climb through normal windows.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, on the topic of the free gear - the major powers would all have large stockpiles of their basic equipment and weapons lying around, especially in the period the game is taking place in; and considering that the Xenonauts are a pretty small team and not a regiment of soldiers, the governments wouldn't really be very out-of-pocket at all, by giving you their soon-to-be-obsolete earth weaponry!

As to the window discussion, I'd wager that climbing through them won't be implemented, since for one thing; shooting a window isn't making it instantly safe to climb through, as there's jagged glass still in the window frame, and it would be somewhat impractical to make it a bit safer by knocking those jagged shards of glass out, to make climbing through relatively injury-free. (plus it'd be hard to do the animations and coding for it, naturally! Which would of course be the main reason )

Right. Given the option of an alien shooting me in the face with a plasma gun or getting cut on shards of glass from a window frame........

Yeah. The coding is why it wouldn't be implemented.

Homicidal Breakfast Food Commissar Pancakes's Avatar
    At least the plasma would be quick...
    WARNING: This person will almost CERTAINLY inadvertently derail any conversation he participates in.

Commissar Pancakes' Channel of Random Blather:
    http://www.livestream.com/commissarpancakes?t=409905

Heh yeah, what would you rather: slowly bleeding to death after severing an artery on a shard of glass while climbing through a window, or a quick and painless (relatively!) plasma shot?

Strangely enough I was just having a very similar discussion here.
    It is a simple change to make vaulting through open windows and opening them without breaking them possible.
    http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/2072-Shooting-out-walls-and-windows?p=26239&viewfull=1#post26239

Not perfectly animated of course as that would take an awful lot of work to tailor animations and windows together.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator