Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hostile Militias / Cults

Guaddlike made it seem like much more trouble then PyRoT though. Possibly because Gauddlike was trying to edit only half of the uniform while PyRoT simply recolourd the whole uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Guaddlike made it seem like much more trouble then PyRoT though. Possibly because Gauddlike was trying to edit only half of the uniform while PyRoT simply recolourd the whole uniform.
    Yes I wanted to show that a slightly more simple effect can be done very easily.

Yeah you can get a basic colour shift quite easily.
    I don't think it looks great in most situations, although if you wanted to get a sort of military green it is fine.
    It only works well for the first armour tier as well.

I will probably just dedicate a bit of time to it in beta and make my own armour sets then.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

I think straight-up attacking other humans would take the focus off the main game and be un-thematic. Xenonauts as an organization has their hands full fighting an alien invasion - dealing with insurgent groups are well beyond the scope of their jurisdiction.

The only place I could see this being an interesting feature is when a militia or elite government forces are also trying to get the goodies at a crash site before the 'official' organization does. Since they are already implementing native soldiers, it might not be too difficult to make them hostile to both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Comassion View Post
    I think straight-up attacking other humans would take the focus off the main game and be un-thematic. Xenonauts as an organization has their hands full fighting an alien invasion - dealing with insurgent groups are well beyond the scope of their jurisdiction.

The only place I could see this being an interesting feature is when a militia or elite government forces are also trying to get the goodies at a crash site before the 'official' organization does. Since they are already implementing native soldiers, it might not be too difficult to make them hostile to both sides.
    What about when the aliens are mind controlling humans to carry out their nefarious plan? Shouldn't Xenonauts be able to interfere and stop that? You would obviously have to stun them rather then shoot them