Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddhist Civilians

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobfury View Post
    Just the fact that there's any sort of AI update is music to my ears! Do we have to wait until the next milestone to get our hands on this, or will you be releasing any incremental patches, Chris?

Damn, I'd not read all the previous pun posts before I added this...er...there's my credibility up in smoke...
    Crash and burn
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully the civvies won;t get too smart. Imagine how your cheeks would burn with embarrassment if half a dozen of them mugged one of the Xenonauts, and hijacked the empty Chinook.

I still think self immolation is a viable civilian option on occasion. I cite the '80s movie The Thing where Fuchs possibly sets himself on fire to avoid being taken over by the creature. Besides, it wouldn't be like X-Com if they were that clever.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They just need a bit of warmth in their dull cold war lives. Getting high on pillars of smoke is also growing in popularity.

(I assume they die after a while in those pillars of smoke due to CO poisoning and general choking on the fumes?)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say the AI now considers a fire... ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■ ) ... red-hot

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and there you have it. graphical proof that this thread is smoking...
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Homicidal Breakfast Food Commissar Pancakes's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh...don't remember THAT part of The Thing...

And for the civilian muggings...at least we've infinite pistol ammo!
    WARNING: This person will almost CERTAINLY inadvertently derail any conversation he participates in.

Commissar Pancakes' Channel of Random Blather:
    http://www.livestream.com/commissarpancakes?t=409905

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is right....the lights go out in the camp and Fuchs in in the lab. He sees a shadow pass by the door (probably on it's way to sabotage the tractors and 'coptor) When the others search for him they come across the charred remains of someone and then they see Fuchs glasses. Fuchs had set himself on fire with a flare. The comment that either he died trying to burn the creature or burned himself to stop it getting him.

The third option, as we know in this forum, is that the flare was already there and Fuchs wandered straight into it when the AI failed.

I think they shot two versions of Fuchs' deaths. There was a still with him impaled on a door by an axe, but it wasn't in the release.

I'm sure someone else here can verify the above. But if there are any disagreements, let's keep it polite. I'd hate for tempers to... flare.

Colonel
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure that when the civilians have realised that running into the static fires is a bad idea, they can probably still be taken unawares by a burst of highly pressurised and flaming napalm.

You know, I can't wait for the flamethrower.
    Last edited by Buzzles; 08-13-2012 at 15:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just realised something here... Once the flamethrower is issued, I'll be staying as far away from thothkins as possible. I admit, I can't take the heat...
    When faced with danger, when beset by doubt; run in circles, wave your arms and shout.

Quote Originally Posted by thothkins View Post
    But it nice to pop into such a friendly forum and know that we're all pulling in the same direction. friendship, courtesy and respect. What more could you ask for? Oh, and moonshine in a can... and snus...

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, I'm disappointed. I was hoping to fire up a few new friendships by showing off my new toy.