May Development Update!

i guess you all didn't have liara jump in your pants in ME1. she flat out tells you that even though they tease quite a bit, they are pretty much a one on one kind of race. when many of the asari talk about their romances, they last for longer than a human life span.

the salarians are very careful about who fertilizes who's eggs, remember the whole pedigree quest? the whole journal entry says that the few females mother the other 90% of the race. they have an arranged marriage.

the krogan have the women pick who is going to have sex with them, though wars are fought over women. the women raise the children and the men generally don't get long term relationships with the females. they have a polyandric society.

the quarians as you know don't even touch each other until they are a family, thus you have to get married to even kiss. a couple is only allowed one child, unless the population diminishes (such as 2 people only producing 1 for the next generation).

yep, unless i missed a race that had their sexuality talked about, no casual sex or polygyny or group marriage. the only case of polygamy are the krogans, who only practice polyandry in order to try and save their race.

the consort costs more than a year's salary for the enlisted man at the bar, and you have to book more than a year in advance. pretty scary that there is that much demand for hookers in the future.

i guess you all didn't have liara jump in your pants in ME1. she flat out tells you that even though they tease quite a bit, they are pretty much a one on one kind of race. when many of the asari talk about their romances, they last for longer than a human life span.

You're talking about romance (and how they breed) though, not their attitude towards recreational sex? And unless I'm mistaken they have 3 stages in their life and Liara was still in her prude maiden stage? Even so, it was possible to bed her before she got promiscuous. Extrapolating from that she ought to become a real slut later on :P

the salarians are very careful about who fertilizes who's eggs, remember the whole pedigree quest? the whole journal entry says that the few females mother the other 90% of the race. they have an arranged marriage.

Once again you are talking about their coupling/pair bonding rather than their attitude towards recreational sex. The way they breed and the way they socialize in a sexual nature are most likely completely different (because I don't believe they do it at all as opposed to humans). This applies to the Asari as well (but in reverse).

Wonder if I was the only person who played those games without bothering with trying to get my character to sleep with another one?

My mad science experiment to cross the Turian with the Hanaar failed miserably.

Edited by Gorlom

What? No partysvenske?

What the...? This is something I've never heard about before. You guys really hate us that much? :eek:

Wonder if I was the only person who played those games without bothering with trying to get my character to sleep with another one?

Nah, was kinda busy killing mercs and saving the Krogan. That said, I've yet to see all the various different events pan out over all three games, rumor has it you get special dialogue in ME3 if you never romanced anyone in any of the games :P

What the...? This is something I've never heard about before. You guys really hate us that much? :eek:

Nah, I just recently heard the term myself after those rappers made that.. rap. I assume it's hipster southerner jerks who don't like the swedes in the night life industry banging "their" chicks.

I like swedes. I once met an Asian one. That was hot.

I saw a hot girl in one of FHM's girl next door things once. Then I read the description and name and realized she was Norwegian. :P

I went to Scotland last summer. Had a really nice looking waitress. Realized she was not British from her accent. :P (Couldn't quite nail it, but probably Austrian, German or some such)

Edited by IceVamp

If one is to believe the rest of the world, us Swedes have a monopoly on those. I might be more picky as a result, but I think the rest of the world needs a reality check on that part. On that note, I want Swedish names and units in the game! I mean, we had a million men under arms back in the day, or thereabouts, and we have elite units too! :P

Always preferred the Irish/Scottish ladies myself, or at least redheads. As for being off-topic, we're still on the subject of females, no? Female soldiers being part of the update and all.

*dons high hat and smoking* It is, I daresay, a highly subjective notion, my good sirs and ladies.

Males can never talk about females without talking about what they look like? :P

As if females don't when talking about males? We just have the luxury of a certain level of acceptance when we do, except from feminists. :)

For balance, British men aren't exactly good looking either. Chris being the exception that confirms the rule. :P

Will you match the amount of female portraits with the amount of males Chris? If there's less chance of females I'd see why if not.

If you were in London, there's a good chance the attractive girls you saw WERE Polish. We're a popular destination for economic migrants from Eastern Europe.

That said, a cursory good search for any of the following would do well: Emma Watson, Kiera Knightley, Cheryl Cole, Liz Hurley, Kelly Brook, Kate Middleton.

Emma Watson, Kiera Knightley, Cheryl Cole, Liz Hurley, Kelly Brook, Kate Middleton.

I was going to say "Really? is that the best there is? what about..." when I realised that all of my alternates were Polish/Czech :)

As for the Scots, I'm sure I read that the women they have representing their tourist boards are generally Polish or Czech.

Generally, because it's hard to find a local thin enough to avoid the expense of a gatefold cover on their brochure* :)

What are they trying to tell you? "Come to Bonnie Scotland where this lass will find you strangely attractive, if only to avoid deportation when her visa runs out.

*Obviously, I'm completely opposed to the sexualising of tourist brochures, or any other periodical for any item, through the use of women in any way. Or men for that matter.

The Swedish crown princess is something to rest the eyes upon, I'd dare say. Of course it's not a lowly recruit's place to do so in the presence of his future regent, but hey...

On a more serious note, I think the British wins the famous women contest, most Swedish actresses don't look that good. Noomi Rapace (or how you spell that) looks damn good in Sherlock Holmes 2, but that's about it, methinks.

Anyhows... One of my little birds whispered something about a May update in June? I'm not sleeping well, excuse the random rambling.

I'm currently playing on easy at the moment (I know, I know), but I noticed Selenium Missiles don't appear to need replenishment from Stores. Does that mean as long as I have at least have one missile in stores, I can attach that to a plane and continue to use it over and over again?

Also I think I've encountered a bug whereby if I don't use a laser cell in a mission, it increases the amount in the stores after each mission. For example I create two cells. If I don't use those cells in a mission, stores will increase the total to four.