Kickstarter Pre-orderer

There is no difference between preorder build and premium preorder build slocket, you just haven't bought either yet. This is a standard practice over at Kickstarter to ensure they don't give money to projects that doesn't reach their goals.

You have missunderstood how kickstarter works. If you check things out you should notice that Amazon hasn't charged you yet. You have just set up so that they CAN charge you the ammound you pledged when the countdown is over.

This should be explained in the FAQ on the kickstarter page? Yep, it's the second to last topic in the Xenonauts FAQ on kickstarter.... But it doesn't seem all that clear about why you don't get it untill it's over. How odd.

Edited by Gorlom

There is no difference between preorder build and premium preorder build slocket, you just haven't bought either yet. This is a standard practice over at Kickstarter to ensure they don't give money to projects that doesn't reach their goals.

You have missunderstood how kickstarter works. If you check things out you should notice that Amazon hasn't charged you yet. You have just set up so that they CAN charge you the ammound you pledged when the countdown is over.

This should be explained in the FAQ on the kickstarter page? Yep, it's the second to last topic in the Xenonauts FAQ on kickstarter.... But it doesn't seem all that clear about why you don't get it untill it's over. How odd.

I think its common knowledge that Kickstarter projects don't take your money unless it succeeds :P And has ended. You can alter your pledge before it has ended.

I think its common knowledge that Kickstarter projects don't take your money unless it succeeds :P And has ended. You can alter your pledge before it has ended.

You would think so wouldn't you? but if you read slockets post you will notice that he says he has paid (well he did in the forum badge thread... here he just said bought), not pledged, for the preorder.

Alot of people come through links hearing about kickstarter for the first time through some news site or forum where they heard about some cool project. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case that people misstakenly assumes they have already been charged. I doubt they take the time to read through kickstarter to see how exactly kickstarter works. Infact I do belive I've come across in numerous other projects that they explain it in the FAQ that kickstarter won't charge untill the project is over, so presumably many people ask this.

Also, to reiterate a key point:

* The demo build that anyone can download for free is the same build that pre-orders get to play right now. Everyone is currently playing the same build and no new version will be released until Kickstarter ends. Once Kickstarter ends, all Kickstarter participants will get their Desura keys and will then be able to (a) play all new versions going forward and (b) get your forum badge.

In other words: Slocket, you currently have access to the "latest development build" - it's the demo. Once the Kickstarter ends, you (and everyone who pre-ordered or participated in Kickstarter) will get access to any new versions released after the demo.

-Kilrathi

• 8 months later...

Not sure if this is the right place for me to post..I had backed the Kickstarter as a Premium Preorder and got so caught up in life that I just now realized that I never received a Desura key to claim my copy of the game, which I'm very keen to play.