What is the difference between quick battle and full demo?

Title is self-explanatory. I would assume that quick battle would drop you into a randomly generated combat scenario. However, it seems to lanch the game with out any differences. Am I missing something, or has that just not been coded into the demo just yet?

Well you can set a map name in the levelsetup_quickbattle.xml file in /assets.

For example to test the industrial scout map use <Map tileset="Industrial" mapname="industrial_scout1" /> in the <LevelSetup> section.

Just use <Map tileset="Farm" /> if you want it to randomly choose between maps in that set, currently light scout and scout variations.

Use your own map tileset and file name to test out your own creations.

If you don't want it to be too crowded you can also edit the list of enemies, allies and civilians in the same file.

If you are testing a small map it may be difficult to move without running into something.

There aren't many maps available to try out though in this version.

<Map tileset="Industrial" mapname="industrial_scout1" />

<Map tileset="Industrial" mapname="industrial_lightscout1" />

<Map tileset="Farm" mapname="farm_C_S1" />

<Map tileset="Farm" mapname="farm_lightscout1" />

Plus the town map for the normal quick battle.

Gauddlike, do you know if the randomisation works at present? I know you gave the example of "Just use <Map tileset="Farm" /> if you want it to randomly choose between maps in that set, currently light scout and scout variations." but that's choosing the map based on the crashed UFO type. Say if I've got 3 light scout farm maps, named light_scout1, 2 and 3 and they're all in the appropriate folder, will the game select one at random when a chinook lands at a light scout crash site?

Thanks in advance!

Remember this is just for the quick battle option.

If you have multiple maps in the farm folder it will choose between them.

I think it assumes you are assaulting a light scout.

The main game already selects the map depending on the type of spawn available by the look of it.

When you build a map you can add spawns for each of the current types.

I created my own map with a light scout spawn and it seemed to slot into the random rotation, sometimes I got mine, sometimes it was the original.

I also moved all available submaps into all of the other submap folders (in the same tileset) that were the same physical size (i.e. 10x10) to increase the randomisation of the existing levels.

Sometimes it throws out oddments like doors opening onto walls but it isn't too bad.

Edited by Gauddlike