Research Sceeen Optimizations

I was just playing and two things struck me. The tech screen would be easier if I could select the techs by double clicking them in the list on the right, in addition to the START key in the lower left. Secondly, it would also be handy if the newly started research would automatically take the maximum amount of researchers available.

By taking the max researchers automatically, it saves with several seconds of holding the selector. A slider, or the ability to type the number in would help, but I think auto-maxing the researchers may be the most convenient on both ends. Also, I usually want the max amount of researchers anyway, and if I'm going to research two techs at once, or if I already have multiple ones going, the remaining amount of researchers is probably the amount I want anyway. Alternatively, the default amount of researchers given to a new project could max out at whatever it takes to give "Excellent" progress, and go down from there depending on what's available.

• 3 weeks later...