Which Linux do you use?

Which distro of linux are you using?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which distro of linux are you using?

• Ubuntu / Mint
    • Debian
    • Arch
    • CentOS / Red Hat
    • SUSE
    • Other

Can I ask a question? Does Fedora count as Red Hat or shall I choose Other? I personally don't understand why are CentOS / Red Hat (which are seldom used as desktop distros) in the poll and Fedora (which is intended for home use) is not.

Can I ask a question? Does Fedora count as Red Hat or shall I choose Other? I personally don't understand why are CentOS / Red Hat (which are seldom used as desktop distros) in the poll and Fedora (which is intended for home use) is not.

Hi Alm,

I'd probably count Fedora as Red Hat, although it's possible we might want to tweak the poll options later on (not many people use Debian as a desktop either; at least, not sensible people).

I'd ask about Gentoo but I don't know if Xenonauts will support -funroll-loops

Hi Alm,

I'd probably count Fedora as Red Hat, although it's possible we might want to tweak the poll options later on (not many people use Debian as a desktop either; at least, not sensible people).

I'd ask about Gentoo but I don't know if Xenonauts will support -funroll-loops

Well if they were truly sensible people they wouldn't be using Arch either.

I use Arch :)

In my experience with linux development, linux distributions are similar enough to ignore their differences, unless the game relies heavily on desktop environment specific stuff. Usually you only need to think about a specific distribution when coding except for packaging, and you can always release a distribution-agnostic binary.

Debian GNU/Linux.

Also I'd like to add, that I would prefer a real native solution to a wrapper, if that is possible somehow. (e.g. by contacting the Playground SDK people and asking whether they would be willing to participate in porting the code or to contract out a port or to give you the source code for doing the port)

Also I'd like to add, that I would prefer a real native solution to a wrapper, if that is possible somehow. (e.g. by contacting the Playground SDK people and asking whether they would be willing to participate in porting the code or to contract out a port or to give you the source code for doing the port)

I would also prefer a native solution, but after a quick search at the Playground forums they don't seem interested on creating a Linux port. Asking anyways wouldn't hurt, though :)

I'm gonna say Debian.

Mostly because I've just taken delivery of a Raspberry Pi, and one of it's main supported OS's is Debian.

Xenonauts will not run on the raspberry pi or any other non intel processor based systems.

Xenonauts will not run on the raspberry pi or any other non intel processor based systems.

You're missing a word there, the word is "natively". Given enough messing around it should run, but be damned if I'm going to write an x86 to Arm6 emulator and possibly a DirectX emulator for a single game :P