Dead aliens in crash landed UFOs

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or implemented, but I really like how in the original games, you would come across the downed alien craft, find random pieces of it broken off, and some dead (and maybe even injured) aliens around.

Some UFO's should have 100 casualty rate in rare cases. Automatic win. This balances the ones where you have 6 mutas armed to the teeth slaughtering everyone from round 1.

That will probably just come off as a bug to most people. I personally don't think that automatic wins after launching a ground battle is a good idea.

The thing is, how would you know that they are all dead?

1 - you have to search every part of the map to confirm. Not going to please too many.

2- You have to get to the power source/ craft to confirm. Again, it could take a while, but better

3 -at the end of your turn, they lose because they are all dead. Time wasted on a load out?

4 - It's confirmed following once the Skyranger reaches the crash site. Slightly against the actual missions, it's able to confirm from the air. Anyone getting their Chinook shot down there or back is going to be peeved, but possibly the best option?

5 - It's confirmed to you following the intercept."There's no way anything got out of that!" It turns out that the interceptors to a fly over after a crash to spot for the ground missions?

Automatic wins already are in the game anyways. When you destroy the UFO in Air Combat.

Bigger UFOs can't be destroyed obviously, but the one they nuked down in Iceland crashed and had a lot of aliens running around, so those things are sturdy.

Automatic wins already are in the game anyways

I got the feeling the intention was in addition to destroying craft in air combat, there may be times where the crash would kill everyone on impact. Perhaps not.

But, I've never seen any seat belts on these things.. so even if the big ones are sturdy...

Imagine your little Xenonauts creeps his way to the corvette. He's lost three of his mates getting there, under intense fire. He right clicks the door open... and is immediately drowned in impact resistant gel. Funny and horrible in equal measures

This was in the original game and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nothing wrong with it then, nothing wrong with it now.

The scenario simply wraps up immediately to save you time, perhaps with a different ending screen 'All aliens were killed in the crash'.

Having this possibility in the original increased the odds for the human player catching a break. Made you take the chance when down on troops to check out every crash site.

If this isn't in already, it'll be in the next build. I think the public demo does contain aliens killed in the crash, but it doesn't limit them to only spawning in the UFO. So they usually spawn outside it in random locations. This is fixed in the dev build now.