Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions

Allow research into radar range, missile systems (shooting from bases at UFO's) aircraft speed and performance.

Ground weapons:
    - incedinary grenades, stun grenades
    - stun guns
    - LRAD
    - grenade launchers
    - smoke canisters
    - knock out gas
    - gas masks

@Targe from your posts I take it you believe that aliens has been to earth.

What is your reaction to people that don't believe that?
    What is your reaction to people thinking you should tone down the "zeal"?
    What is your reaction to people that arent as interested in haveing UFO sightings shape the story as you are?
    What is your reaction to opinions about haveing a more coherent story that fits together over something that is baisically a bunch of references to wild stories.

PS. I'm not trying to start a flamewar or troll you I'm just interested to see if its worth haveing a discussion with you or if I should just stay away from this topic.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Allow research into radar range, missile systems (shooting from bases at UFO's) aircraft speed and performance.

Ground weapons:
    - incedinary grenades, stun grenades
    - stun guns
    - LRAD
    - grenade launchers
    - smoke canisters
    - knock out gas
    - gas masks

As you have to subdue and interrogate aliens presumably to learn their secrets, there will be some stun thingies.

Not 100% if smoke grenades will be in there, but type in 'smoke' into the search and you'll see Gauddlike & Quartermaster's work on smoke.

Gas masks would mean thousands of art updates to show your troops wearing them (of course if they wear them by default we've solved the gender issues as no one will be able to tell). Mainly that, not mentioning the various game changes it would make. Not convinced it's worth it. Smoke damage got tweaked I thought, as my guys stopped passing out instantly in it. i suspect them smoking 20 a day behind the Chinook might have built up their tolerance though.

Grenade Launchers were ruled out I'm sure I read, as you've already got a rocket launcher. Anything larger like mortars was also ruled out. After all, if you have them, so should the aliens.

Improved detection and defence was part of the original and I'm sure that will continue here. Also, for improved craft and vehicles.

As for shooting at UFOs from the bases. Firstly, if that's implemented I'd expect to see the Aliens drop small meteorites from orbit onto cities for kicks, or orbital laser weapons as the game would have to be balanced. Secondly, you may get the small thrill of knocking a big 'un out of the sky. However, the other 2999 now know exactly where your base is.

Quote Originally Posted by thothkins View Post
    Gas masks would mean thousands of art updates to show your troops wearing them (of course if they wear them by default we've solved the gender issues as no one will be able to tell). Mainly that, not mentioning the various game changes it would make. Not convinced it's worth it. Smoke damage got tweaked I thought, as my guys stopped passing out instantly in it. i suspect them smoking 20 a day behind the Chinook might have built up their tolerance though.
    Certain armours should provide protection from stun, fire and such.
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"

Awards:
    Posting Award
    yes, of course the old flying suits enabled you to breathe on Mars after all didn't they?
    Power suits covered the face as well

powersuit.jpg

flying suit.jpg

Well your soldiers never actually were on the mars surface ingame.. I guess watching rookies in coveralls suffocate wouldn't be such fun
    "1 UFO down, 2999 to go."

Awards:
    Posting Award
    so where was all that sneaking between pyramids happening then?

--thinks back--- creaking, rusty noises---

You have to get to the coloured area between the pyramids to get underground. Well, I say underground, but only because I thought you were on the Cydonian surface in the first round.

I guess you could take rookies in coveralls. I don't think I ever did it, as fun as it surely would have been. If that was the surface, then X-Com is clearly broken...thothkins brings the power of modern internet forum whining to bear!!!!!!!

..Bah!

..hmmm, need to practice that...

Sneaking between pyramids.. I read about that somewhere recently.. Oh yeah, here!

Awards:
    Posting Award
    oh now come on. I was just having a laugh. OK, I was using your possibly deceased body as an obscene marionette/zombie parody. But in a fun way!

there's no need to direct me to fan fic! That's uncalled for! What did I ever do to you? Apart from the whole Weekend at Bernies/Xenonaut crossover thing, obviously...

Thanks for a good laugh!

On a more serious note:
    Don't mess with the zombie pilot, or I'll direct you towards bad fan fiction...