UFOs should slow down / stop when Event is generated.

I think it would make sense that when a UFO strafes a fleet or abducts people or what-have-you, that it should have to either slow down or stop for awhile depending on the event.

It just doesn't make sense that I can have F-17's right on a fighter's* tail, and then it kidnaps the crew of a speedboat without even stopping. Even if they've got tractor beams that let them just swoop by and abduct without stopping, they'd at least have to get close and lose altitude, and lose speed while regaining altitude right?

I imagine that once UFOs are able to actually land, the abduction events will mean there will be landed UFOs, so that part doesn't need to be suggested probably. I include it here out of completeness.

I do really love the event system though, it was so cool the first time I saw one pop up, and even cooler when I realized that actual UFOs I could intercept were causing them.

* - On another note, perhaps these events could check what type of craft is generating it, so you don't see fighters kidnapping 35 people.. I can't imagine where they'd be cramming their captives, or where they fit the machinery that messes up the tidal system or whatever, though it makes perfect sense when I hear about them strafing ground targets. Sure they're technically interceptors, but plasma cannons hurt!

Edited by Stromko