Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: I'm glad they were all dead...

  1. #11
    Nuke It From Orbit! Corporal Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Shima View Post
    Well, yeah, rough times, you have to cut corners. But seriously what were they thinking? Having warships shot down by 70's jet planes is downright embarrassing.

    On a more serious note, I'd like to know what changes xenonauts made to their airplanes, compared to Earth's nations. It raises some eybrows that xenonauts are so hugely successful in downing alien ships and rest of Earth's forces is just crap.
    I was thinking about that as well, how come all the army of all countries not being able to destroy/damage the UFO's?? Come on... It would be really nice if we had crash sites caused by the army of determined country, wouldn't it? Like "Crash site 39 - UFO downed by Russian Air Force", something like this.

    PS: I think they should work more on the interior of the UFO's, there's nothing inside (or maybe they're holding it for future releases?). Where are the screens, panels, seats, stuff like that, and alien tech you would expect to see inside the UFOs.

  2. #12
    Homicidal Breakfast Food Commissar Pancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Hicks View Post
    I think they should work more on the interior of the UFO's, there's nothing inside (or maybe they're holding it for future releases?). Where are the screens, panels, seats, stuff like that, and alien tech you would expect to see inside the UFOs.
    Shhhhh!! The aliens are all really sensitive about their Osteoarthritis!
    WARNING: This person will almost CERTAINLY inadvertently derail any conversation he participates in.

    Commissar Pancakes' Channel of Random Blather:
    http://www.livestream.com/commissarpancakes?t=409905

  3. #13
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Pancakes View Post
    Or this is just the version of the "Small Scout" in EU, which means that the Corvette is at least 50% bigger...
    That'd make the small scout in Xeno equivalent of the single-seat saucer thing that ~always explodes from pretty much any weapon in EU. Implications: worrisome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Pancakes View Post
    or, as the fluff states, some sort of painted material that dissipates energy projections.
    And the greedy Xenos don't share their tech! :< Thenagain, the alternative is every single ufo getting zerged by hundreds of Americans and Soviets.

  4. #14
    Sergeant Shima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
    And the greedy Xenos don't share their tech! :< Thenagain, the alternative is every single ufo getting zerged by hundreds of Americans and Soviets.
    Actually, giving the tech to everyone would be the smart choice, considering faith of humanity is at stake.
    "1 UFO down, 2999 to go."

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shima View Post
    Well, yeah, rough times, you have to cut corners. But seriously what were they thinking? Having warships shot down by 70's jet planes is downright embarrassing.

    On a more serious note, I'd like to know what changes xenonauts made to their airplanes, compared to Earth's nations. It raises some eybrows that xenonauts are so hugely successful in downing alien ships and rest of Earth's forces is just crap.
    Game plays out, the 1st one took nukes, was a massive mother.. of mother ships that needed real power to bring down. However, they are still messing up in the atmosphere so are sending smaller ships, which are like rock to our paper. Now taking on endgame ship with sidewinders is gonna be a no no, however at that point we will have invented quantum torpedoes and piloting the XNC-(Xenonaut Craft) The Delta Kicker

  6. #16
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Shima View Post
    Actually, giving the tech to everyone would be the smart choice, considering faith of humanity is at stake.
    Yeah, but that wouldn't be very fun game to play. Unless the aliens go all zergrush and blow up all the surface bases within the first few days. (and then for some reason scale back to sending scouts. Maybe their big ships got too damaged :b)

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shima View Post
    Actually, giving the tech to everyone would be the smart choice, considering faith of humanity is at stake.
    Limited supply of beer. All beer has been channeled to the Xenonaust and technicians require beer to fully activate.

    Scientists are even more demanding and only work well when fueled by Absinthe

  8. #18
    I wish the corvette were bigger in all ways on the tactical map, bit of a downer to go through all that trouble to shoot it down, you get there and it's just a metal shack that looks really cool on the outside. I second that if it had two floors and more interior walls it would probably be fine, though. I'm sure they plan on working on it more.

    edit: Looking at that image again, I'd say it definitely needs side doors as well. Once aliens have better AI and start patrolling around their craft, this would make it much more dangerous to approach and lock down, but would open up more tactical possibilities if you can manage to lock down the surroundings.

    If these are the ships they use for terror missions or other landings, it would definitely make thematic sense to have side doors so they can disembark and overwhelm the area quickly. This might already be planned, though, I notice there's a seam on each side that could certainly be adapted into a narrow hatch.
    Last edited by Stromko; 05-13-2012 at 21:16.

  9. #19
    Nuke It From Orbit! Corporal Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    270
    If the Xenonauts are downing UFO's with gatling gun and sidewinder missiles, how come the anti-aircraft artillery of the army cannot? That's a bit weird... It would be nice that, once in a while, we could get some "free" crash sites to investigate

  10. #20
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Hicks View Post
    If the Xenonauts are downing UFO's with gatling gun and sidewinder missiles, how come the anti-aircraft artillery of the army cannot? That's a bit weird... It would be nice that, once in a while, we could get some "free" crash sites to investigate
    I'd say it's a nice idea for a mod. I myself get frustrated with 100th trivial small UFO fight that I shot down myself. Having other nations shoot more of them all around the globe would just drive me insane.

    Makes you wish for a "Tail until above water"-option at times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •