UI Suggestion: A clearer Aircraft equipment page when refueling of repairing

When an aircraft is refueling or it is being repaired, in the Aircraft Equipment page no changes can be applied.

It is not possible to switch weapons.

If the Aircraft equipment screen is referring to a chinook, then the soldiers cannot even be repositioned in the plane!

I find this feature a bit annoying, but it's no big deal.

A few times I've tried to switch plane weapons or order chinook soldiers and nothing happened... Then I remembered that the plane had just returned from a mission and that it was not ready yet.

A clearer indication that the plane is being rearmed/repaired coud make everything clearer. Xenonauts already overlays a big text when a plane is being built; I think the same approach could be used during plane repairs/refueling.

Below there is a screenshot of a mig being built. Using similar hints could be useful:

Unit is undergoing repairs

Hours until completion: x

Unit is being refueled

Hours until completion: x

UnitUnderConstruction.jpg

Today the UI is a bit misleading. Nothing can be done on the page until repairs/refueling is complete.

So the UI is not responding to clicks, but understanding why is not immediate.

UnitUnderConstruction.jpg

UnitUnderConstruction.thumb.jpg.c4d607e9

I agree with stx.

We should have the ability to change loadout (weapons, soldier positions) during refuelling/repairing. Also proposed indicator would be nice.

What about adding a rearming feature, lasting a few - 10 or 15 minutes?

Unit is being rearmed

Minutes until completion: x

I agree with the UI change suggestion. It had me puzzled quite a few times, trying to install the brand new alenium rockets and it just cant be clicked! Aaargh! But it might be better to just have weapon slots greyed out or something. Huge white text over the plane is too intrusive.

Also, adding battle damage on your planes in hangar might help player to realize why it can't be refitted yet.