Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceland Incident Novella

I don't have a lot of reading time at the moment but I do get through a fair few audio books.
    Current favourites are the Dresden Files read by James Marsters (Spike from Buffy and Angel).
    Any plans for Epic audiobooks?
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gauddlike View Post
    Any plans for Epic audiobooks?
    ...like you wouldn't believe...

Sounds good to me (no pun intended).
    Should get Chris to read Crimson Dagger as well.
    Although he might keep knocking the microphone over with his flailing arms... j/k Chris, honest.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 3xM View Post
    I am going to wait this Iceland incident novella and if it is good, then I will read the authors other stuff.
    ya that is my sentiment as well. so really this means that this free service might end up getting him more money, the way it should be in my opinion.

based on your avatar you like comic books, so i'll tell you that there is a kickstarter for a comic, done by a couple of artists from DC. i wanted to see some of their work before kicking them some money, but all of their work referenced is tightly controlled from DC, so i decided to not give them any, had they done any web comics that i could read for free i might have kicked them some money.

Lee, I hadn't heard of you or the Epic Universe series, but because I read this thread, I looked into your books, and just purchased the Kindle edition of the first book in the Epic series, Dawn of Destiny As a Christian who loves sci-fi and fantasy, I really look forward to reading your book, and if it's as good as the Amazon reviews say, I'll be buying the remainder of the series I'm guessing your offer to Goldhawk to write the novella for free has already paid off, since I bet I'm not the only one who's done this
    "There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data"

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Here's hoping worshippers of blind, idiot gods at the singularities between universes can enjoy it too...
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

This will be a very quick update. First off, XCD is written. The last two steps are a full read-through and polish by me, then by the beta readers. Basically, it's at the finish line.

But more to the point of this update, as some may know, I work full-time for Homeland Security in New Orleans, Louisiana. Currently, our area is under an evacuation order due to what will likely soon be Hurricane Isaac. Though not as strong as Katrina, it is taking a very similar path, which is not good for us. I will be at living/eating/sleeping at work until further notice, as Homeland Security does not evacuate during these events. This will undoubtedly cause a delay in the novella process, but it's unavoidable. This is life in the Gulf South.

I'll update as often as I can, but I may be MIA until further notice. Hopefully I'm back sooner rather than later. Our first child is due Sept. 7th. :P Thanks, tropics!

Great! Really looking forward reading it!

And good luck with Isaac :/

Congrats! I love babies!
    Alpha release 14, unless otherwise mentioned.

System specs, if it ends up mattering:
    Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz x 2
    6 GB RAM

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Currently, our area is under an evacuation order due to what will likely soon be Hurricane Isaac. Though not as strong as Katrina, it is taking a very similar path, which is not good for us. I will be at living/eating/sleeping at work until further notice, as Homeland Security does not evacuate during these events.
    Trapped in the raging storm Lee gets some ideas for revisions...

Corporal Gale squinted through the dust blown ahead of the coming storm. There was something up there in the increasingly darkening sky. She could hear it. A high pitched noise reminding her of the engines at the test range, or a voice. Yes, a voice. The wind seemed to carry it to her now. "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"

Dorothy's eyes were drawn to a glint in the sky. The storm was close now, but that was no lightning. It could only be that traitorous Miss Gulch in her stolen Scout Craft. Thinking quickly, Cpl Gale raised her M-14, calmed her racing heart and prayed for courage in the war to come.
    Last edited by thothkins; 08-27-2012 at 18:39.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."