Where the hell is my country?

First off, I'm sorry for the crass first post title. Probably poor form. You know what else is poor form? Photoshopping a country out of the geoscape. Perhaps you think the Philippines is so poor nobody from there or who's family is from there will play your game. I generally always put my third base there- first covers europe from north africa, second sits in central america, the third covers SEA from the PH. It's really obvious I'm playing a game and not commanding an elite military force when our satellite maps are missing an entire goddamn country.

What irks me most is since you're using a satellite map its clear somebody made the decision to just remove us, like a whole country of people isn't important. We run this fucking planet, filipinos do. Good luck shipping anything anywhere without hiring filipino seamen.

Even THE FIRST XCOM managed to have the Philippines in there. They didn't model the islands accurately; naturally, why would you bother with all those vertices for something like that? That wasn't a big deal. This is! Perhaps the coverage of southeast asia is too valuable, or perhaps its a pain programming in collision detection for a bunch of tiny little islands- but if thats the case you need to suck it up. Japan works. Sri lanka works. I'm actually offended. I know its silly, but this is terrible.

I was going to preorder as sooooon as I could afford it. I'm actually not so sure anymore. I don't feel like giving you any of my money. I'm sure I won't be the last one to angrily post if the game goes gold like this.

Oh, also, windowed mode doesn't work, and the checkmark for "show explanatory tooltips" in the new game menu doesn't show; I think you can toggle the setting properly its just a display bug. Great game, also. Much more excited for this than the upcoming xcom lite.

edit: lol I was so mad when I was making this account I mistyped my account name. Should be "scrubshine". See, its a big deal.

Edited by scrusbhine

First off, I'm sorry for the crass first post title. Probably poor form. You know what else is poor form? Photoshopping a country out of the geoscape. Perhaps you think the Philippines is so poor nobody from there or who's family is from there will play your game. I generally always put my third base there- first covers europe from north africa, second sits in central america, the third covers SEA from the PH. It's really obvious I'm playing a game and not commanding an elite military force when our satellite maps are missing an entire goddamn country.

What irks me most is since you're using a satellite map its clear somebody made the decision to just remove us, like a whole country of people isn't important. We run this fucking planet, filipinos do. Good luck shipping anything anywhere without hiring filipino seamen.

Even THE FIRST XCOM managed to have the Philippines in there. They didn't model the islands accurately; naturally, why would you bother with all those vertices for something like that? That wasn't a big deal. This is! Perhaps the coverage of southeast asia is too valuable, or perhaps its a pain programming in collision detection for a bunch of tiny little islands- but if thats the case you need to suck it up. Japan works. Sri lanka works. I'm actually offended. I know its silly, but this is terrible.

I was going to preorder as sooooon as I could afford it. I'm actually not so sure anymore. I don't feel like giving you any of my money.

Oh, also, windowed mode doesn't work, and the checkmark for "show explanatory tooltips" in the new game menu doesn't show; I think you can toggle the setting properly its just a display bug. Great game, also. Much more excited for this than the upcoming xcom lite.

You should probably take a moment and calm down before posting. I don't know the reason the islands aren't there.

Most likely because someone sucks at geography (although there's no American on the team so we can't really blame that). Might be a story plot, that the islands are cloaked or whatever. Might be a cropping mistake.

Regardless of what it is I'm pretty certain it's not intentional, nor any slight towards any Filipinos. I think you will find people more helpful if you are not so agressive. A post in the bug report forum in addition to this one would help alot.

PS. As far as I can tell there are other islands missing as well. Hawaii one of americas 50 states seems to be missing. canary islands and cape verde. Falkland islands and south georgia etc. (And those are even British... you would think Chris England would have rememberd to include islands belonging to his own country)

Alot of islands are missing from the geoscape not just your country.

Edited by Gorlom

And where the hell is my CAPITAL!? I mean cmon Stockholm is the Venice of the north for all that is holy!!

I am offended and i want compensation! ;)

Didn't you hear? In this alternate version we got invaded by Iceland after they got their hands on some pretty nifty alien tech (that they refused to share the greedy buggers).

So our capital in this game is Reykjavik and not Stockholm. Ofc theres nothing interesting about Reykjavik so they didn't put that on the geoscape map either.

Edit:

PS. Help me captain smiley! I forgot to make my sillyness clear through emoticons!

Edited by Gorlom
:) :D :p ;)

It's an overzealous Photoshop tool that removed the stupid light blue shallow water from the edge of the landmasses but also took some of the land with it. They'll be in the final version.

In addition to this I also know Chris is working on fixing the windowed mode issue :)

Aaaww, so the heights of "söder" have been laid waste to by those bastards. Returning with a vengeance after some 1100 years of exile .I did miss that part of the lore. Thanks for this disturbing info.

Ok, to avoid any confusion since you seem to take me seriously (damnit I forgot the smily didnt I?): I just made that shit up to mess with you nollåttor! :P I'm in a bit of a funny mood right now. (check out the title of my first post in this thread)

:D

Edited by Gorlom

Ok, to avoid any confusion since you seem to take me seriously (damnit I forgot the smily didnt I?): I just made that shit up to mess with you nollåttor! :P I'm in a bit of a funny mood right now. (check out the title of my first post in this thread)

:D

Just as we are clear. I did realize that was a Joke. I just carried on with it. ;)

And where the hell is my CAPITAL!? I mean cmon Stockholm is the Venice of the north for all that is holy!!

I am offended and i want compensation! ;)

Oh there are quite a lot of those missing.

Berlin (My Country, too!), Paris (Where did that go, i swear it was in an earlier version^^) or Washington (But New York and La are in)

Didn't you hear? In this alternate version we got invaded by Iceland after they got their hands on some pretty nifty alien tech (that they refused to share the greedy buggers).

well it would put the Cod Wars into a new light. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_Wars

It also supports my suspicion that the chief alien will turn out to be Bjork.

Who would love a battle between an Icelandic , Bjork led, reverse engineered UFO fleet and a British HG Wells reverse engineered Martian UFO fleet in the North Sea?!

ah, just me again... bah...

By the way, how come Iceland is in the game and the city of Frankfurt isn't, even though it has double the population and a most important airport and would surely be attacked by aliens and I live nearby and I have to say that something is clearly rotten here! It can't be that the only explanation is that their queen is hotter than Frankfurts Oberbürgermeister. No really, Chris, change this, quick!