Thread: Soldier wounded?

Soldier wounded?

What happens when a soldier gets wounded? It told me that he was out for 12 days, but I see I'm still able to re-assign him to a chinook.

Might be that the wound timer is still not working properly. It wasn't some weeks ago. Also, there's a difference between wounded and injured - I don't know which one is which, but one means the soldier is still above 50% health and can be put back into action. Might be the reason.

Most likely the "healing while in transit" bug. If the mission result screen states a recovery time, he should be out for that period of time. At the moment, sometimes they do, sometimes they do less, and sometimes not at all. Also, unless a soldier is at -20 health, he CAN survive. Every turn after 0 he loses one point though, so you have to race to finish the mission for a better chance of saving him.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Last time I checked a quick mission brought them back from the dead as well. The worlds easiest death dodging deal...

Reaper: Your dead mate! That alien got you good.

Dead Xenonaut: Please let me live, I promise to kill more aliens within 1 hour.

Reaper: Awww go on.. shoo.

Homicidal Breakfast Food Commissar Pancakes's Avatar
    Once had one of my solders shoot the other in the back for -1 HP damage.

When I completed the mission, it said that he needed 12 days to recover. From a flesh wound?!
    WARNING: This person will almost CERTAINLY inadvertently derail any conversation he participates in.

Commissar Pancakes' Channel of Random Blather:
    http://www.livestream.com/commissarpancakes?t=409905

Well, maybe it got infected!
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Colonel
    There's also another system at play if I remember one of Chris's posts correctly.

From what I recall: If, after the end of the ground combat, a soldier has OVER 50% of their health, they should be able to go on missions but just start with a lower amount of current health (or a temp lowered max health). Under 50% means they're in the medical bay and can't be assigned.

However, I did some testing (Chinook landed and was out again within the hour) with some troops that were meant to be injured (approx 60% health) from the first groundcombat who had full health at the start of the second ground combat.

So, dunno what's going on really.

Homicidal Breakfast Food Commissar Pancakes's Avatar
    Explanation 1: They haven't added that part yet.

Explanation 2: All your soldiers were lying about their wounds.
    WARNING: This person will almost CERTAINLY inadvertently derail any conversation he participates in.

Commissar Pancakes' Channel of Random Blather:
    http://www.livestream.com/commissarpancakes?t=409905

They just want more shiny medals. Kinda like us and preorders.