Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Music is great

At some point I played Assasins Creed (think it was brotherhood or revelations) at the same time I played Xenonauts. The ambient sound effects or music in the " empty loading area" whenever Desmond wasn't in the real world or inside a memory was.. interesting, and possibly worth a look imo.

Rarely does game music make any kind of impression on me. (Frankly, I'm generally just grateful if it's not excruciatingly annoying. I really don't understand all you people that get so in to it!)

However, playing the demo yesterday...I was impressed with what I was hearing. It was perfect!

Thank you for catching the soul of the game so effectively, Aleksi! I'm really looking forward to hearing more!

Quote Originally Posted by Oktober View Post
    Rarely does game music make any kind of impression on me. (Frankly, I'm generally just grateful if it's not excruciatingly annoying. I really don't understand all you people that get so in to it!)

However, playing the demo yesterday...I was impressed with what I was hearing. It was perfect!

Thank you for catching the soul of the game so effectively, Aleksi! I'm really looking forward to hearing more!
    Thanks for your comment Oktober. Its heart warming to see these kind of posts. I hope the rest of the music coming along will be as enjoyable for you, and others! I'm working hard on it.

yup, all the BGM, sound effects are my cup of tea, it blends in the mood so much, great job!
    If you see naked dudes with guns, clearly there’s something not right there.

I really do like the score for this new game. I hope this music is kept all the way though to commercial release.

Ditto on the music being excellent

Sergeant
    Aleksi u rock! The new day ground combat music is amazing! You nailed the X-Com feeling there. Even slightly more dark. Hence perfect. And the Aircombat theme is even better than before.

I know i sound like a suck-up. But i have no criticism to put forth.

I also liked the music. I didn't expect to even notice it, given that even A-list games with zillion-dollar budgets don't always have a killer soundtrack. But Aleksi's score does a great job of setting just the right (creepy/tense) mood for this game. It's definitely one area where Xenonauts has managed to surpass the original X-COM.

Aleksi u rock! The new day ground combat music is amazing! You nailed the X-Com feeling there. Even slightly more dark. Hence perfect. And the Aircombat theme is even better than before.
    Definitely going to second this. Noticed it immediately after loading up the new version. Great work.

Thanks for the comments! I'm happy that the music is working for you.
    Spending lots of time in making it as good as possible! More coming soon, after i come back from my vacation!