The Kickstarter has gone live here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts

It's already got a backer even though it went live less than 5 minutes ago, which is nice! Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated - this includes spreading the word about us if you're not donating!

The demo is available for download on the page, so if any of your friends are unsure about the game, just tell them to download it and have a play. I'm really hoping that this Kickstarter will give us the funds to put together a small team to work on the game full-time so we can finish it far more quickly and to a higher standard than otherwise.

Just to clarify - anyone who has already Premium pre-ordered the game will get access to all the Kickstarter Premium Preorder rewards too. If you've already pre-ordered and want to claim a higher reward, you can donate and email us and we'll add the price of your existing pre-order to your pledge. So if you have a Premium Preorder already and stick a $20 donation in, you'll get the equivalent of an $50 donation minus the extra copy of Xenonauts.

Thanks for the support of all the people on the forum who have helped us out along the way - there's an awful lot of you! Special thanks to Kilrathi, who worked with us to set up the US company which allowed us to get around not being US-based. It was a lot of effort and I appreciate the tinme you sunk in.

Let's hope this goes well - fingers crossed!

Obviously if people want to retweet my messages (@GoldhawkInt) or do facebook likes for the project etc, or create / upvote Reddit stuff etc that would be great. If you do create Reddit threads etc then post them up on the forums so everyone else can pile in and "Like" it so we can get it trending. Or something. I'm not great with social media...

Woohoo, here we go! So far, $260 raised. Make that $461 as it's already gone up. Wish I were officially allowed to back and comment on the site but I'm glad I could help get this running on Kickstarter! Let's hope the move there from indiegogo pays off... I've been keeping an eye on Twitter tonight and people are tweeting about it, including Dan Stapleton (of Gamespy and formerly PC Gamer), so let's get the buzz building. Good work on the video, Chris, it looks great.

Typo in firaxis bit. Aren't ....u say are nec bad

Also to be evil point out douche...

Opening sentence.... Presumed To be of... Is easier reading and attempts is used twice. Try efforts to repel.... Apologies I am a teacher :P

Edited by flashman

Typo in firaxis bit. Aren't ....u say are nec bad

You are referring to :

Ultimately, though, the Firaxis remake is a different type of game to Xenonauts. They have changed quite a few of the fundamentals of the game, streamlining things and removing elements like Time Units and weapon ammo, limiting the player to a single base and shrinking down squad sizes. These changes are necessarily bad, but the end result is that their game is taking a rather different form to ours.

one of the FAQ questions read:

How will Kickstarter-named soldiers named work?

should the last "named" be "names"?

Edited by Gorlom

Just to clarify - anyone who has already Premium pre-ordered the game will get access to all the Kickstarter Premium Preorder rewards too. If you've already pre-ordered and want to claim a higher reward, you can donate and email us and we'll add the price of your existing pre-order to your pledge. So if you have a Premium Preorder already and stick a $20 donation in, you'll get the equivalent of an $50 donation minus the extra copy of Xenonauts.

So if I donate $20 on kickstarter to bump my existing pledge to $50, should I not select any reward tier, or should I pick the $20 tier?

Out of curiosity, is the Twitter feed @xenonautsgame an official Goldhawk feed? I noticed there are 100+ followers but no tweets there about the Kickstarter.

On a random note: I think I've been mispronouncing the game all along. Maybe it's an Americanism but I've always gone with "zee-nonauts". Good to watch the video and learn the error of my ways!

Pushing $1000 ($912 as I write this). I'd imagine that once the morning news cycle picks up and it gets some coverage beyond us die-hards, things should take off nicely. There are already a bunch of tweets about it going around...

-Kilrathi