Introduction thread!

Chris

Hey everyone!

I'm also a huge XCOM fan (who here isn't??) and I'm very excited about all that I've read on the forums. I caught wind of this just as kickstarter went active from reading something on RPS.

Btw, funny observation: This is the most respectful forum I think I've ever seen. So, whatever you do, do not give Targe moderator priveledges...he can't be trusted. :P

See you guys out there!

Well, here I go, I s'pose. I'm a racoon from Sweden, what else to say?

Honestly, the name's Kristian, 21-yeard old cook/chef (never did understand the difference between those) in the making, and as the rest I'm pretty much in love with X-COM despite being a toddler when it came out. Got a nicotine addiction I can't be rid with, I like games, and music and Xenonauts (of course).

Hey every one i am new here thought i would say hi. i live currently in Florida. i had heard about X-com years ago but never really got to play it till recently which i am enjoying it a lot and well when i saw a youtube video of Xenonauts i had to check it out and sense then thrown in my preorder.

also quick question i should have the gold metal how do i add it?

Until kickstarter collects your payment when the drive ends you don't get any of the things you have pledged for.

That is because you haven't paid for them until that point.

Once it ends you should receive an email with all the info you will need.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been lurking off and on for about 3 months now, but just today found the kickstart demo. Very nice indeed. I really like the artwork, both the main menu screen and the load-out soldier screen and the base screen. The geomap is also very very nice.

I've only played two ground combat missions (got the same map twice - fluke?), but it seems solid and in keeping the the X-Com memories so many have. Not really sure how to use med kits, though - and in the base screen I can't seem to buy equipment for my storeroom, must not be in yet, yes?

Good job so far and just saying hello. Answers to the above appreciated. Thx!

(got the same map twice - fluke?)

Not really, the game is still in Alpha so the amount of maps is still quite limited compared to what it will be on release. Goldhawk are prioritizing/focusing on stuff that are more essential to be able to play then map variations.

You use the medkits by equipping them, standing next to the soldier you want to heal, right click to increase APs spent and health healed and then mouseover on the soldier you want to heal and press left click.

The reason you can't buy anything for your storeroom is that in Xenonauts all the basic human tech is free (aircrafts excluded).

This is the way it is intended to be in release, unless Chris finds that it is unbalancing in the beta or something.

Guys, this is the intro thread. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to clear this out, it's off topic.

You may erase the evidence, but our memories will live on! :P

To stay somewhat on-topic, welcome once again to FenrirWolfLord and Citizen844! Hope you enjoy the game and the forum as much as I have :)

Hi there, it's Michael from Germany. I'm a 38 year old gamer, father, husband, making his money as a mechanic at a slaughterhouse.

I love almost all sorts of games, except point'n click adventures. Playing just a few minutes and doing some reading on rps convinced me to pre-order Xenonauts. I'm excited to see how the game's gonna evolve over time.

Cheers, Michael

You may erase the evidence, but our memories will live on!

If anyone has access to alien mind wiping technology round here, it's likely to be Chris. So, don;t count on getting to keep the memories either.

Hi Kuschelwampe and welcome to the forums.

@Citizen844 - it took me ages to figure out Medkits.Oh, and Hi!

Hello. I'm a newer X-Com fan, first got the game last summer and was hooked by the first, not so much the third. I was interested in Xenonauts upon hearing of it, but the demo with the Kickstarter gave me incentive enough to pre-order the game by backing through Kickstarter.

I enjoy other turn-based strategy games as well, such as Fire Emblem and Advance Wars on Nintendo consoles and the Civilization and Heroes of Might & Magic games on PC.

Edited by AvistTorch

I'm new to the whole XCOM genre and game series. Had heard of it before but hadn't given it that much thought. Then the E3 stuff for XCOM:EU came out and I spent an evening reading everything I could about it, which lead me to Xenonaughts. Was originally skeptical about it, but I decided to give the demo a spin and really liked what I saw. Knowing female soldiers would be in sealed the deal (it's funny the small things that push you over the edge isn't it?).

I'm generally a strategy and RPG gamer, which might be why I like Xenonauts so much, since it gives you some of both.

Edited by DarkArk

I figured I'd rear my head up on here whilst I wait for ITV to finish adverts (hiss) and get back to the football. I was going to hold off till Kickstarter had closed and I was rendered poor but oh well, four hours to go, might as well drop on here.

I wasn't aware that there was a kickstarter community per say? I just held off from posting here until it was all done and dusted. I wanted to make sure I'd actually paid for everything before I started to talk to people.

Either way, it's nice to see things progressing. I'm very impressed with Xenonauts so far, even the air combat has grown on me. I feel like a right muppet as far as that goes, as I was rather sceptical of it at first. It's only recently that I've worked out I can do things other than the evade/afterburner/retreat combo. It's suddenly far more interesting than it was when I was simply lobbing aircraft after aircraft headfirst at UFO's until they were shot down.