Introduction thread!

Chris

great.. I had quite fancied some potato scones for breakfast. How do I know that if I eat them now, their relatives aren't going to just turn up and shoot me in the head? Huh? huh? Scrambled eggs for me now...

And that would be better would it? You're setting yourself up to be pecked to death by cocks and chicks. :P

Hello, I'm Silicnha, I got into X-COM via TFTD, when I was about 10. I really didn't get how to play it at that age, but as I got older I got an appreciation for how good that game was, been hooked on XCOM since. I only recently played UFO: Enemy Unknown, I found the bugs in it made it a bit too easy and even when they're fixed the game still doesn't have as much of a challenge as TFTD.

I'm really impressed with what Goldhawk Interactive have done with Xenonauts and I'm enjoying playing a game from the Alpha phase. This too is new to me. I'm excited to see how well this gets funded on kickstarter, with the amount of XCOM fans there are out there I can't see it being a problem getting to 50k. Still as soon as it's up I'll be throwing my dollars in.

I just registered last night too, after seeing the Kickstarter. (although naturally I've been following this project for a couple of years now but didn't want to get my hopes up, as 'too good to be true' projects like this happen to disappear the moment I do get excited about it!) I'll definitely be sinking $150 - plus shipping - into this as soon as I get it, seeing as I've only just blown all my money on archery gear! Should be able to, by the end of the ~31 days.

There's no excuse, but I swear that I've searched the forum for such a thread. Somehow I missed it. :(

Thanks Jean-Luc.

By the way is there any way for me to upgrade to a premium order besides using Kickstarter method?

No, kickstarter is the only way to upgrade afaik. The only other option is to buy a new preorder (as in new account instead of upgrading the old)

Wow I completely missed this thread, beg your pardon:

I'm Corporal Hicks, I have been playing video games since I was 8 yrsold (I'm 30 now), in real life I work as a bailiff and in my free time I like to play games and produce music (electronic music, I've got a home studio and a ever growing modular synthesizer, I like to produce psychedelic ambient/ chill out, progressive psy trance).

Since I was a kid I always been a fan of sci-fi / fantasy stuff, fell in love with star wars, aliens, krull, all those great movies that made our childhood unforgetable.

I played x com for the first time when I was 13, I remember being afraid of playing it at night, in a dark room , alone... lol

Well that's it for now!

By the way is there any way for me to upgrade to a premium order besides using Kickstarter method?

This is from the KS faq:

If you’ve already pre-ordered Xenonauts, great! If you are a Premium Pre-orderer you’ll be entitled to all the goodies at the $30 price point for free. We’ll be posting the digital files up in a special section of our forum that can only be accessed if you have a Premium Pre-Order so you’ll be able to download everything there.

If you want to make a donation to the Kickstarter too, you’ll end up with two keys. The lowest pledge level is $20 and that includes a copy of Xenonauts, something you already have.

You have two options – you can either give the second Xenonauts key you’ll receive for backing the project to somebody else, or you can make a pledge and email us with the receipt from your previous pre-order. We’ll credit your pledge with an extra $20/$30 (depending on whether you bought a Standard or Premium Pre-Order) and disable the extra key.

So maybe you can pledge just 10$ on KS and then email Chris so he could upgrade you to the premium level. Though you'd have to wait until the KS campaign finishes and the money goes through.

I know you said "besides the KS method" but I'm guessing that's because you don't want an extra copy or to mess around with additional rewards, the above should allow you to upgrade to premium without overpaying for things you don't want.

So maybe you can pledge just 10$ on KS and then email Chris so he could upgrade you to the premium level. Though you'd have to wait until the KS campaign finishes and the money goes through.

I know you said "besides the KS method" but I'm guessing that's because you don't want an extra copy or to mess around with additional rewards, the above should allow you to upgrade to premium without overpaying for things you don't want.

You nailed it, Jean-Luc. But that FAQ isn't clear about $10 upgrade. It only mention clearly, the minimum pledge $20 as the starting point. So probably there isn't such an option. Maybe after Kickstarter campaign.

I'm backing other projects in Kickstarter, if one doesn't achieve the minimum funding, I'll pledge the extra money in Xenonauts. So many interesting projects in Kickstarter to backup, that I'm close to bankrupt.:o:)

You nailed it, Jean-Luc. But that FAQ isn't clear about $10 upgrade. It only mention clearly, the minimum pledge $20 as the starting point.

Chris probably just didn't anticipate a situation like that, I don't see why he wouldn't come through on a request to update from standard to premium. Though if you're going to email him you should probably wait until the second half of the KS campaign and for things to come down a little. Chris must be frazzled with all the things going on right now.

i'm Sjaka, and i'm an xcom'o'holic.

Or used to be. Played "Enemy Unknown" for quite some time in the mid 90's, but wound up finding myself repeating the same tasks over and over again.

Found TFTD waaaay to scary, and the following "now we're going to do a remake with the original feel", didn't quite do it for me.

One of my colleagues sent me a link to the kickstarter, and that's how it got rolling, (me joining the forums) .

Played the demo for a couple of hours, and was hooked. Now i'm just looking around the forums, to see if I can find a way to get my awesome medal, when ordering through kickstarter and not through Desura.

Oh by the way, I live in Denmark, and do websites

Greetings earthlings, I am here to monitor your progress on addressing climate change... I mean x-com, and so far I like what I see! The aliens are winning LOL (which stands for Licking Out Life on my world...)