[V10.2 - Air Battle] Right Clicking Missile now Fires it

I thought it used to be that you could right click on missiles to deactivate them so that they would not be fire even if you were in range and they were locked on target.

At the moment you can still deactivate them when out of range or when they are not locked but as soon as you get lock and range and right click they will fire instead of deactivate. Is this intentional?

Basically means you have limited options to stop missiles being fired prematurely once you are in range.

If you're in range and they're locked, then they'd fire anyways if they weren't already deactivated wouldn't they?

Nope.

At the beginning of combat your weapons cool down before they are ready to fire. You can manually select them to fire when in range (the icon is green) or you can manually select them so they don't fire when in range (the icon is red). You can make this selection during the cool down or after it as long as you are still not in range.

Once you are in range if you have them ready (green) then they will fire themselves. If you have them not ready (red) then they will not fire but now the icon will turn green. Not only is this confusing, as you can't tell whether your weapons are set to hold or not - but on many occasions I end up right clicking on them (trying to tell them not to fire - because the icon is green) and they end up firing as a result.

I am pretty sure this didn't happen in previous versions?

I would always keep one missile to autofire (to start their evasive roll as soon as possible) and then unload shortly after that, so I don't miss the visual cue, but i could see that color change being a little confusing.

Overall I think you just get used to it, and having that extra bit of information helps. I suppose it could help to have a separate toggle cue (desaturate it a little?) from range as it is a bit odd, but it works.

Edited by erutan

Its not a massive problem but...

I play with a modded load out which doubles sidewinder capacity (with lower damage) which I personally prefer to vanilla - and argue is better for the game. This means I actually have a second salvo that I might want to deactivate after auto firing the first lot.