Ground Combat Intro Stage

Hoywolf

Ha ha well anyone is more than welcome to run with it if they like. I had none of the skills, so after making the storyboards I kinda just sat around doing nothing, but if anyone else wants to give it a go, I'd love to see it in the game!

And I can't really take all the credit, I just adapted the original text from the Icelandic incident really, and put in a few pretty pictures etc. =p

The whole thing is bloody brilliant. The cliched gruff quotes "Get me a visual damnit" had me rolling! :D

Found them!

general_WIP 001.jpg

red-light.jpg

What it might look like with a flashing emergency light

Now these were early drafts, and there were a few things noticed to be fixed up (ie the position of the ear). Also I should say that this is not my work, and therefore no one should take these pictures and do anything with them without getting the artists permission, which they can do by contacting me (I have their e-mail address)

general_WIP 001.jpg

red-light.jpg

577e7c7b4b890_general_WIP001.thumb.jpg.0

red-light.jpg.5d39f2072bb079a2943644b3fa

The General looks excellent in my opinion! That's just what we need, only with color and background :)

That guy is pretty talented!

Although, this is one image, that goes a way to show how much work has to be put into something like this to make it work out.

Sure most of the intro can be stills with background noise but, that's still a lot of drawings to do... And sound work... Luckily, the game is far from done. So we might have time yet:)

As I said I was hoping to make the intro with mostly concept art edited to fit. The only new things would be the sea, the control room, the clouds, an era appropriate interceptor, the general, the alarm, explosions, and the missile silo

While that is quite a bit, it's mostly man made stuff, which I always found easier to draw. It would also have to be made in the same art style as the concept art, etc.

Also, at the time, Chris did say that higher quality versions of the concept art would be available if the project got off the ground. He may still be keen to do that, just ask

Understood. I can definitely see this happening. I wish I could draw, do animation or voicework/soundwork because I would be the first one to step up.

Unfortunately, I have none of those skills. Neither do I know people who have.

Yet, if we can get some help from Chris's artist to do some drawings, or get access to some concept art that can be used.

It can be finished in a fairly short amount of time. That is, If we find a helpful skilled animation artist, and someone who are good at sound to tie it all together.

Man made things are a lot easier to draw then anatomically correct humans. You're spot on there. And if you can draw the scenic pictures, then that's one less thing to worry about.

Chris if you're reading this, are you still interested in some kind of X-Com inspired intro to Xenonauts, independent of your decision on tutorial-type?

By the way the interceptors sent after the UFO in the Iceland Incident fiction was F-8s :) -Checked it out to be sure.