Kickstarter Update and Steam

So, it's probably time for a quick update on what's been happening and will be happening over the next week. All the hard work on the Kickstarter has paid off as our US company has been set up and has a bank account that has been authorised by Amazon Payments. The page is set up and good to go - its only the video we're working on now. That's all been shot and we are editing that together.

The press builds have been sent out already. They went out on Thursday, but all the preview coverage is embargoed until Wednesday. This is when the Kickstarter goes live, although don't start shouting about it till it goes live obviously. We want to time our coverage so we get bang for our buck.

The other good news is about Steam. I'm pleased to say that we've signed a distribution deal with them so all preorderers will have the option to claim a Steam key when the game is released.

We'll keep you posted as things progress, but if you're planning to donate to the kickstarter then please do so as soon as possible after it goes live as it'll give us that much more legitimacy as a result.

Read through rps interview and it was all the things I hated about the Altar games. Small squads, with the risk of smaller maps. I always question why a world at war sends 4 men into a battle against an alien horde and I didn't like the look of their art style.

With the Kickstarter coming next week Chris any word on those forum sig panels I suggested? Also GREAT NEWS for everything being ready to go and for Steam distribution!!!!

Can't wait xD

Once the Kickstarter goes live Chris I will live stream some Xenonauts if that's ok?

Already sent out? Damn and i was just about to post a suggestion that when you choose the full demo option , the warning screen about the game not being optimized for different screen resolutions should return. Wouldn't want the RPS articles to start raging about overlapping text.

Debit cards are awesome :P No credit checks or anything, just charges straight from your account and works perfectly as long as you get a card that has VISA or similar. They are usually pretty cheap too and you just link them to your bank account, perfect!

Bank's have insurance, so that's not really a problem. And it doesn't really happen here anyway.

What am I supposed to do with your account number? Deposit money? The only credible threat are scanners, and it's up to you to think about what you are doing.

Yeah, I don't know why they aren't as common in.. other places. Everybody in Norway uses debit cards. Only old people carry cash these days. :P

It's probably because all the damned banks have devised a dastardly scheme to charge their customers extra for overdrawn Credit cards. If you can't pay back the balance you used, you're fined on it, as well as having to pay interest on the fine.

Credit cards aren't the same as debit cards, though. Debit cards are basically just electronic money and all banks have some pretty serious fraud protection stuff in place so even if people do take your details, the bank takes the hit instead.

Credit cards are useful, but I don't own one. Not a fan of spending money I don't have.