Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soviet Weapons

Portlandia, Cascadia ___________ Wet Coast USA
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL Yes well the installer (really just WinRAR self-extracting exe) does tell you to change the install path to match your Xenonauts install folder. I'm not running 64-bit so for me it's just C:\Program Files\Desura\Common\xenonauts.
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could You put the mod on another site, which is not required to register? For example, on the www.depositfiles.com?

Downloads
    Uploads
    S. Alex - you should be able to download the file without registering. But you have to wait for a countdown, I think it is 20 or 30 seconds. Actually I am looking for another file hosting site, I have seen a lot of people using box.net - what do others recommend?
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoNUT View Post
    S. Alex - you should be able to download the file without registering. But you have to wait for a countdown, I think it is 20 or 30 seconds.
    No, i'm should to sign up or register on this site before download.
    1.jpg

Actually I am looking for another file hosting site, I have seen a lot of people using box.net - what do others recommend?
    I suggest www.depositfiles.com. Easy to upload, easy to download. Only problem is a difficult capcha.

Steely-Eyed Bug Hunter Pinetree's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    S. Alex - you should be able to download the file without registering. But you have to wait for a countdown, I think it is 20 or 30 seconds. Actually I am looking for another file hosting site, I have seen a lot of people using box.net - what do others recommend?
    I use Mediafire, no problems with it whatsoever.No 60 second waits, no captchas or any thing like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Signed up for an account with Dropbox so we'll see how that goes. Updated link: https://db.tt/crGSCj4n
    Last edited by XenoNUT; 06-30-2014 at 16:06. Reason: Updated link

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also:

Per Quartermaster and jimbobfury's suggestions in this post, AK-47 has been made higher damage but less accurate and with less AP for burst fire, RPG-7 has been made lighter but single use (no reload).
    Last edited by XenoNUT; 05-15-2012 at 12:26.

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Signed up for an account with Dropbox so we'll see how that goes. Updated link: http://db.tt/4XQF93bw
    Work on demo.... Thank you!

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    realy cool mod

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been fiddling with the soviet weapons a bit myself and I think I have come up with nice stuff for the RPG-7. The first is an image for RPG-7 specific ammunition which looks like this (click on it to get a good look):
    RPG7_heat.png

This is what I am using for the weapon stats of the RPG in weapons_gc:
    <Weapon name="weapon.rpg7" bulletType="rocket" emptySound="Empty Click 1">
    <props range="20" hands="2" recoil="65" weight="7" clipSize="1" reloadAPCost="20" reactionModifier="0.5" reloadSound="Weapon Rocket Launcher Reload" />
    <SingleShot sound="Weapon Rocketlauncher Single" delay="1.2">
    <Set1 ap="21" accuracy="65" />
    <Set2 ap="25" accuracy="80" />
    </SingleShot>
    <BurstFire />
    <GUIImage name="weapons/ballistic/soviet/RPG7_black.png" />
    <GroundImage name="grounditemimages/rocketlauncher.png" />
    <Ammos>
    <Ammo name="weapon.rocket.rpg7heat" type="kinetic" damage="70" stunDamage="40" mitigation="45">
    <Projectile spectre="projectiles/rocket" speed="1200" />
    <Impact spectre="particles/explosion/explosion" gasType="RocketFragSmoke" fireChance="40" smokeChance="75" radius="2.5" sound="Weapon Rocketlauncher Explosion" />
    </Ammo>
    </Ammos>
    </Weapon>

As for weapons.xml the following are the main pionts for the parameters of the rpg rocket:
    Weight = 5
    SlotWidth = 4
    SlotHeight = 1

I also made the following adjustments to the vanilla rocket launcher:
    Weight = 11
    Weight of rockets = 2.5

This set up makes the RPG ideal for if you want a one shot AT weapon, but inferior to the vanilla rocket launcher otherwise (the RPG +1 extra rocket is about the same weight for the vanilla rocket rocket launcher +1 rocket and inferior in accuracy).