Build V10 Released (Kickstarter Press Build)!

Alien alloys worth only $1000 each: interesting... on the plus side you can now sell flares for the same! Bring on the night missions: we now have a reason to not drop the flares.

Seriously though, I am not sure if playing without the M will be possible now. Time to test!

I was actually thinking more along the lines of alien invaders in the sense of thousands of ships in orbit rather than the more personal kind...

While I was aware of this I couldn't help myself from giving the latent innuendo a helping hand :P I blame the late hour of posting and the funny mood I get in when I'm tired. :)

Sorry for ruining your suggestion with my joke. :(

Janprusak V10 bugs part2

- picture 6 - the number should be also able to put in with a keyboard (waiting for say 250 units takes a lot of time), item picture

[ATTACH=CONFIG]974[/ATTACH]

Hold down the right mouse button instead, you'll find 250 doesn't take a long time at all. :)

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Yes, fighters can now dodge missiles and the $1m M key is disabled, as well as Alenium / Alien Alloys being worth less. I've updated the first page to reflect this. Should make the alien fighters a bit more fun to take on!

Gak the fighters dodging missiles caught me by surprise... That MiG was really expensive.

The builds since 9.5 are very stable, finally managed to get to fight corvettes. Ground combat is cool, though I haven't found much use for grenades yet.

Quick question, is it normal that every battle so far has been on the exact same farm map(my base is in the US)? I remember from v8 there was an industrial map too. Furthermore, I fail to see the effect of the semi-procedural generation (sometimes there is the odd shed here and there btu that's all).

Sounds good! Looking forward to playing this build when I get in, although I'd just modded my soviet weapons into the game so I'll have to do that again first. :)

Quick question; which maps are up and running in this version? In 9.5 I only ever got the farm map, literally every time, regardless of where I shot the UFO down. I thought it was set so the northern hemisphere was the industrial map and the southern was the farm, but it never seemed to work out that way.

EDIT: Ah, pulled into a meeting half way through typing to find Kirilz has asked the exact same thing. Glad it's not just me experiencing the map issue then.

Argh. Yes, the maps are screwed. The tileset mask is out of date, so it has all sorts of different tilesets listed when there is actually only Farm / Industrial. The game uses Farm by default when it can't find a tileset so 90% of the maps you'd get with the tileset mask would be Farm ones.

I've just cancelled the upload of the press build, updated that, and started again...

Crikey, money's hard to come by now Alenium and Alloys have had their prices slashed. Chris, you might want to up them a bit, at least for the demo, $2500 for alloys and $5000 for Alenium might be ok, especially in light of the fact they're consumable resources.

I've been following the forum(and the game development) for quite some time and today i've pre-ordered it.

From my couple of hours play i've found the game with great potential and a few "normal" bugs:

- Moving the drop-ship to another base without any living quarters causes problems(crash) when trying to intercept a downed ufo near the base

- The mouse pointer is Awkward and doesn't work very well, for example when loading games(we can choose a game, although clicking in it twice doesn't actually load it). The same problem happens when saving games(overwriting)

- At the end of each month there's always a message saying something like "Can't pay personnel wages" or something like that

I'm not sure how to provide the crash stack trace, so please clarify.

Regards,

Pedro

for example when loading games(we can choose a game, although clicking in it twice doesn't actually load it). The same problem happens when saving games(overwriting)

Maybe it's already somewhere in the forum but I agree with this and think it should be fixed before a bigger release. Not that it's a big flaw but it's something so basic in gaming that if it doesn't work it makes a bad impression.

my v10 experience...

Desura tells me that there is an update. It installs it after only 2 crashes and a restart when it gets stuck at prepping it.

I load the game and it freezes when I try to name my base.

get out of game and try again.

Desura tells me that it has problems with finding or using the .exe

I go to verify files.

2 hours later and more crashes than I can count, I just go to the without Desura download link.

Only to have it tell me that this link has now expired.

*finally* manage to get a download started. A download that is being overtaken by my snail monthly digital download.

Frustrated and disapointed to say the least. It really takes the excitement of a new release.

That was tonight's Spleen Vent. Come back tomorrow when thothkins will mock British MPs for claiming that someone else wasn't fit to run an organisation...

Alright, jeez, I'll make alenium and alloys worth more. Moan moan moan :P

Haha, thanks Chris.

Fwiw, v10 does seem like it's pretty stable though, so grats to you, Matthew (who went posting crazy the other day) and your programmers. Think you lot deserve a pint or two.

Also as a side note, after continuing working on my own 2D art assets for a personal project, I'm really envious of your art chaps talent and what they've produced for this game.

Edited by Buzzles