[9.5.1 ground combat] tank is easy to kill

i just did a ground combat where my tank took a single hit, which destroyed it. my soldiers proceeded to use the wreckage for cover, which was then destroyed in another hit, which left a single scorched tile on the ground. with the tank also having no vision of it's own i would say there is a problem with the game thinking it is something else.

You can edit the health of the hunter in the "vehicles" xml file if you so desire. Although its not been balanced yet, I think the Hunter is made to intentionally be quite weak defensively as otherwise it would really be a law unto itself. Its really just a scaled version of the tank you used to get in XCOM which itself was relatively weak at taking hits.

On most occasions you should find it manages to take 2 hits before annihilation.

I dunno, I seem to remember playing xcom recently and my tanks definitely had a bit more armor to them. The Plasma Pistols wouldn't scratch them up much, and chrysalids was just laughable when they played with my tanks. Rifles and Heavies sure did take it down though, heavies faster of course.

I mean, it makes sense to me, that a Tank wouldn't be hurt by plasma quite as much as Human Flesh. Would take alot more to get to something vital to the operation of the hunter methinks.

in original xcom:

starting tanks armor:

front - 90

side - 75

rear - 60

bottom - 60

starting tanks hp - 90

in comparison, starting armor:

front - 12

side - 8

rear - 5

bottom - 2

cap on troop hp - 60

first researched armor:

front - 50

side -40

rear -30

bottom - 30

tanks are nearly useless due to their low accuracy/reactions and high fire TUs/cost in the original 2 games.