[9.5.1 - Ground Combat] Vision of the Hunter Tank very small

The vision of the Hunter Tank is only 4 squares when I do the quick battle option. I have not checked it in the regular campaign, but I will update this post when I have had the opportunity to check.

Edit:

Confirmed that this was the case when running the campaign.

Edited by Quartermaster

Have you both experienced this at night time? That's where I found it.

I've since gone off and tweaked the xml files and I've not yet had another night mission to test with (works fine in daylight after the tweak but I didn't test it pre-tweak in daylight).

For reference, vision values are tied to the armour types. So look in the armours_gc.xml file and the section for FerretArmour under vehicle armours. Opening in Excel 2003 shows a number of missing values, which I filled in with a Fill-Down.

Edit:

Yes, tweaking the xml files seems to have fixed it. Just had it working fine on the industrial tileset, need to test on Farm.

I think the game is referencing the wrong row for the Ferret details.

Edit2: After tweaks to xml file it works perfectly normally again on any map/night or day :)

Edited by Buzzles

First encountered this bug today on the corvette mission (daytime). From inital deployment:

1) Moved vehicle out of chinook.

2) Vehicle upon moving close to edge of inital "sight range" did not reveal additional terrain.

3) Moved solider out of chinook behind vehicle.

4) Solider revealed additional terrain.

From that point, vehicle seemed to only reveal terrain around itself.

Retried this moving soliders first. Same thing happened.

Armours_gc shouldn't be opened in Excel, it should be opened in Wordpad etc and it seems to be filled in fine. I think it's a bug. Any repro steps?

Be as that may, my tweaks via Excel have fixed it for me. Take from that what you will. Can send you my modifed version of the xml file if you want it, but obviously it's been excel-ifed and is no longer human readable in text/wordpad.

I'm curious though Chris, are you using multiple programs to edit your xml files? Some seem to contain all the relevent document info, others are plain old xml.

Alright, now I'm bloody puzzled!

I've started three or four games today, all have had the issue. New game just now, hunter vision at night is working fine.

The *only* change I've got running is completely unrelated (updated Jackal+Precision rifle to use the correct vault sprites) after I found my previous tweak broke something else so reverted it.

Unusual bug is unusual.

Edited by Buzzles
Real men don't need to swear.

For a second I thought it was related to Chris updateing the ferrets balistic resistance somehow. I think vision is subject to change depending on what armour a soldier is wearing... so my mind connnected the two :P

Doesn't seem likely though.

I've played only daytime missions and have experineced the bug.

I played 3/4 missions against a scout in the farm tileset and the ferret had this problem. The scout had always been shot down.

Next ground mission was against a landed scout (the crashed tileset was still used, but the scout had no further damage)

Starting from that mission the bug disappeared.

I do not know if this is related.

I almost forgot.

In the last mission where I could repro the bug the ferret was destroyed.

In the following mission I started using the second ferret provided at campaign start.