Making new soldiers not suck (need help)

craftomega

Gazz makes a fair point there. I reduced all weapon accuracies and fire costs by 25% a few weeks back because people were complaining they couldn't move very far without being unable to fire, which has left them with quite low accuracy values.

I like that quite a lot though, makes it feel more X-Com (although they're pretty accurate with rifles etc if you use zoom level 3 when firing)...

I don't mind the accuracy but I did notice a pretty big difference between your starting troops after a few missions and total newbies. My Chinook was ganked by an alien fighter and my "A" team go wiped out when it crashed (curses for THAT being possible btw). So I had to hire all new troops and GOSH were they bad. I don't think I had a single new person with a stat over 54 - most of them were lower from 50 - 54. It was so sad because I'd just finished up laser weapons creation... then didn't get to see them haha.

Anyway long story short the newbies were farking awful. There IS a "training" you can do to boost your rookies to Corporal though in the personnel window I think it is. Strong recommend using that option as long as it's there.

Edited by Hellstormer

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best thing I can suggest is changing the stats of the soldier generation. If you go to .../Xenonauts/assets and open the gameconfig file with notepad then search for soldier generation variables you can change the starting stats of new recruits as well as change your initial soldier's bonus stats.