EDIT - Updated the build on Desura to include some new fixes. I've reuploaded it and dropped Scott an email as I'm heading to bed now. Hopefully it'll be authorised in a few hours.
Build V9.5 has been uploaded to Desura and is awaiting release. When Scott from Desura comes on I'll get him to authorise it and clone it over to the standalone downloads too. We're going to try not to add any more features to the V9.x after this, and instead concentrate on fixing the major bugs.
This build has been fully sanitised - ie, I've gone through the files and tried to remove all references and art related to the end-game technology where possible. I pay less attention to doing this for pre-order builds, but I'd rather have a relatively clean public build. This process often causes extra crashes, so if the build is less stable then that's likely why. Post up the bugs and I'll hopefully be able to fix them up.
Here's a basic changelog:
- Hidden Movement AI loop fixed (we think)
- The new grenade explosion is now accompanied with new (thinner) smoke, and grenades no longer cause fire
- I've added the basic tiles for Corvette UFO maps, though these are not complete. We need to update the ground tiles. Attacking a Corvette crash site should no longer cause crashes though.
- A whole bunch of sprite animations have been added. The Wolf Precision Laser should no longer cause crashes, the Caesan Soldiers are aligned correctly in their tile now, grenade throw animations should display correctly now, as should the animations for units hopping over fences. Machinegun-equipped troops should have their correct sprites now too.
- Equipping an alien weapon should no longer cause a crash, though the soldier will appear as unarmed
- Various tile updates to fix problems where you could walk through walls etc. If I've missed any, please report them.
- UFO fighters should no longer "crash into sea" whereever they are, instead they should be "destroyed" (they don't spawn crash sites).
- In /assets/weapons/ballistic there are a bunch of alternate weapon tiles. These include Soviet variations on the starting weapons, and unused Cold War weapons we drew up before deciding on the starting weapons we currently use. If you're a budding modder, you may find them useful.
- Xenopedia display bug fixed, so images should always appear for research projects where they exist (which is for most of them).
- Xenopedia typos corrected.
- Town civilians are no longer invisible.
- The "Full Demo" now lasts slightly longer before expiring and the Scout craft spawn a little bit earlier.
- Loading a save game will tend to screw up any research projects in progress at time of save.
I'm now starting to focus my attention more on the actual Kickstarter stuff than on the build, although we will still be adding new art to the build.