Build V9.5 Released!

Great news! Fingers crossed that's the norm rather than the exception then, the terror mission was amazing fun in 9.4 but I didn't get to complete it once.

Now, if only I wasn't at work...can't wait to get stuck in. I'm hoping I might be able to get the Warsaw Pact weapons modded in too. If I wanted to share that, would it just be a case of uploading the modded xml file to the forums?

Hi Every body:)

I can confirm that I was able for the first time (played since 9.31) to finnish the combat game with no freeze. Therefore i done two full months and about 10 crash sites, playing as if normal - and had no freeze, loading times were great and overall was good.

Since i am not a tester i don't want to spoil my fun when the game will be finnished and don't want to undiscover more and more - even if it is tempting :P

I am pleased with that what I see (ofc enemy AI is not that what it has to be yet) and waiting for further progress :)

Thanks !!

This build is looking great. No HMSF in about 15 missions played. No other freezes, no CTD.

Only thing I notice is there seems to be very little alien activity. Only one light scout that I was able to bring down over land in all of June. There were heaps of fighters, but they are not much good for getting salvage to sell.

Now, unfortunately, I guess I should go to bed.

Great work Goldhawk!

Edited by winterwolves

This build is looking great. No HMSF in about 15 missions played. No other freezes, no CTD.

Only thing I notice is there seems to be very little alien activity. Only one light scout that I was able to bring down over land in all of June. There were heaps of fighters, but they are not much good for getting salvage to sell.

Now, unfortunately, I guess I should go to bed.

Great work Goldhawk!

That's because the aliens were dead brave before, they knew the game would crash before you got to kill them all. But now they know different, and are staying well out of the way.

Anyway, congratulations to Goldhawk on a stable release.

Edited by Moonie

YAY, finished "Checking old install files..." after 7 hours now I have this:

XenonautsInstall.jpg

I f'n hate Desura. :mad:

The one thing that was quick was the download (just under 1GB). I just can't figure out why the rest would take so long, this is ridiculous.

XenonautsInstall.jpg

XenonautsInstall.jpg.485e01423be05231aa6

Edited by XenoNUT

weird... mine worked and only took about 10 min max.

No HM bugs so far! YES GJ team! Chris are you sure those updated tiles you fixed for walking through walls made it into this build because I've found several of the same places still bugged (see the bug report forum). Other than that it seems really stable so far. I'll keep trying to break things!

Next up: more testing xD

I think Desura struggles with the sheer number of files that Xenonauts has. There's something like 55,000 files in my /assets/ directory with all the new ground tiles and all of the unit animation sprites. It takes a looong time to export the assets from the SVN too because of this, so I imagine that's why it takes so long to validate the game.

An excellent build indeed! I've played it since I got home. I'm at the moment being swarmed with fighter formations, corvettes and heavy fighters. 0.o I have also not used the "M" function at all so I just now got Wolf armour for 8 people. It took ages to produce. Now I'm not sure if I need to prioritize Alenum Missiles and torpedoes or laser weaponry for my boys. Considering a base attack might be imminent, I might have to go for the lasers.

9.5 looking good so far, certainly seem to have the HMSF bug crushed.

One question though Chris: Heavy Laser Research: Is it just meant to unlock the Scatter Laser? The other two (aircraft and vehicle lasers respectively) promised by the research screen don't unlock.

This latest build is fantastic, I've been playing most of the morning so far and I've not had a single crash. The only thing I'd say it might be worth doing for the next build is looking at either the Alien Invasion ticker or the capabilities of the interceptors. I'm in early August now and have two fully functioning bases with soldiers kitted out in Wolf armour ready to rock, but I've not had a crash site in ages because all I'm getting is alien fighters, fighter squadrons, heavy fighters and the occasional bomber. I'm getting about 6 UFOs at a time, and they're all too fast or don't leave crash sites. I just wouldn't want anybody to try the game and think that they had endless hours of fruitless interceptions to look forward to.

Other than that; amazing! Actually managing items between my bases, research and manufacture fully up and running and having to think about supplies etc is great.

Oh, one more thing. Could we get the 'm' = $1,000,000 turned off now, please? I want to actually start having to think about finances, but then I forget when I'm renaming my guys and end up with $11,000,000! :)

Chris:

Just wanted to add my few cents.

9.5.1 is certainly one of the best builds of the past few.

I like the new startup screen, and the fact that settings do 'stick' now. Also, the updates to the project completed notifications are very evident, and much welcomed.

I need to spend a bit more time poking around with it, but overall very impressed. You're definitely closing in and honing towards the public Alpha.

Keep up the good work (and your spirits).. It is an excellent game!