Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Build V9.5 Released!

An excellent build indeed! I've played it since I got home. I'm at the moment being swarmed with fighter formations, corvettes and heavy fighters. 0.o I have also not used the "M" function at all so I just now got Wolf armour for 8 people. It took ages to produce. Now I'm not sure if I need to prioritize Alenum Missiles and torpedoes or laser weaponry for my boys. Considering a base attack might be imminent, I might have to go for the lasers.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Build 9.5.1 available for download. Good news.

Colonel
    9.5 looking good so far, certainly seem to have the HMSF bug crushed.

One question though Chris: Heavy Laser Research: Is it just meant to unlock the Scatter Laser? The other two (aircraft and vehicle lasers respectively) promised by the research screen don't unlock.

Portlandia, Cascadia ___________ Wet Coast USA
    Sweet completed the Terror Mission on Normal with three Xenonauts left... whew, I'll have to work on that now that it's actually challenging!
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.

Thanks, gonna try this version!
    There's no certainty only opportunity.

This latest build is fantastic, I've been playing most of the morning so far and I've not had a single crash. The only thing I'd say it might be worth doing for the next build is looking at either the Alien Invasion ticker or the capabilities of the interceptors. I'm in early August now and have two fully functioning bases with soldiers kitted out in Wolf armour ready to rock, but I've not had a crash site in ages because all I'm getting is alien fighters, fighter squadrons, heavy fighters and the occasional bomber. I'm getting about 6 UFOs at a time, and they're all too fast or don't leave crash sites. I just wouldn't want anybody to try the game and think that they had endless hours of fruitless interceptions to look forward to.

Other than that; amazing! Actually managing items between my bases, research and manufacture fully up and running and having to think about supplies etc is great.

Oh, one more thing. Could we get the 'm' = $1,000,000 turned off now, please? I want to actually start having to think about finances, but then I forget when I'm renaming my guys and end up with $11,000,000!

You'll want to turn off the M for the demo right? Like Jimbobfury says, it may be time to get more people testing the balance of the income you can get.

Has the problem where saving and reloading erased casualty count and country relation changes been fixed? Otherwise balancing income wouldn't quite be possible, except for people who have hours at a stretch to play the game.

The irony in this build is just astonishing. For the first time in my life i get to produce laser weapons and wolf armour before the game ends just to see a swarm of heavy fighters who don't want to fight my interceptors and then to have a CTD on a base defence mission
    There are 2 ways to reach Cydonia:
    1). Build the Avenger
    2). Build a mountain of dead rookies

Sergeant
    Chris:

Just wanted to add my few cents.

9.5.1 is certainly one of the best builds of the past few.

I like the new startup screen, and the fact that settings do 'stick' now. Also, the updates to the project completed notifications are very evident, and much welcomed.

I need to spend a bit more time poking around with it, but overall very impressed. You're definitely closing in and honing towards the public Alpha.

Keep up the good work (and your spirits).. It is an excellent game!