Chance of not really being dead

How big was that survival chance?

I lost my prime sniper, only to see him at 1% health in the soldier advancement tab. I was so happy!

(I had spotted what I thought was the last alien, and flanked him with the sniper. The rest was on the opposite side. So I just walk him in to knock off the alien, just to find that there's another one right next to it. So I figure, I have to shoot that one, because the others have a shot at the intended target. Got killed by reaction fire. >.<)

Edited by IceVamp

I remember there being talk about it; I was going to ask if it had actually been implemented as all my guys turned up dead every time. Must have just been unlucky.

The idea is that the soldier has taken a significant enough wound to incapacitate them, but that they medevac them in time and so they survive (albeit heavily wounded). Not sure how the probability is calculated; I'd assume that a kill is more likely if the final wound put them significantly into negative HP.

Not sure how the probability is calculated; I'd assume that a kill is more likely if the final wound put them significantly into negative HP.

Correct.

I recall being able to apply medical care to incapacitated Xenonauts a few builds back, but I'm unsure as to whether it affected their chances of survival or not. Said feature seems to be missing in the latest version.