Thanks for the reply man.

Hmm, so it is in game? I must have just been unlucky then I guess. Unless, do you have to use the AP reserve slider to enable reaction fire in some way? I was assuming that as long as a soldier had enough AP then he'd take a shot, but maybe you have to put him into reaction fire mode, as it were?

Yay! It is actually a game now!

Game crashed on me, but you're so right, it finally is a game now! :) Chris, I'm really psyched, it really feels like X-COM, and it is exciting to see the game come along this nicely. I do especially like the atmosphere, the spitting of fire, the burned-out Hunter hulk, the sound of the shots, and it all gets so much better during hidden movement: Shots, alien gargles, militia returning fire, civilian casualties, the smashing of windows and random explosions. Wow, just wow.

Chris, it's plain to see that you've tweaked the accuracy formulas, as my rookies are spraying shots all over the place now! :)

Just a quick question though...

http://xenowiki.goldhawkinteractive.com/index.php?title=Cover_System

Some of that info is outdated but the rest might help with your questions.

I don't think the cover affects the accuracy number you see, it just affects what happens when you hit.

For example you see 50% on a shot but it is actually 50% chance to hit the whole cover/troop object.

You actually have a 30% chance of hitting the barrel and a 20% chance of hitting the trooper behind it.

From another angle you still have 50% chance to hit but it is now 20% chance on the barrel 30% on the trooper.

Could all be wrong though, just how I read it!

Either way I like the spread on the misses now, much better than none at all and not as wild as they were originally.

I also love the little drones, thought it was a Tau invasion (Warhammer 40K).

In general, people will tolerate 1001 bugs, especially through alpha and beta, but what does p**s people off are bugs that say 'game over'.

If you can keep clear of those type of bugs, where ever possible, then you should be laughing all the way to the bank with this game.

Been playing a few more games, I really like it. It looks like Xenonauts has finally escaped from it's cot, and now means business. :cool:

Could you upload build 9.4 there?

http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts/download

Thank you very much!

if you use the desura client to launch the game, when you hit 'play' it will inform you that there is a patch and ask if you want to install it. after it installs it will ask if you want to launch the game or not, so you can update it and play at a later time (as i did).

Thanks for the update.

Two thing I noticed so far:

- After I shot down a scout over the north sea the message said that it had "escaped into space" instead of sunk in the water.

- When relocating an aircraft to another base the hangar slot in the old base is shown empty but I cannot build the MIG-32 at my Headquater because supposedly "there are no free Hangar slots!". I do not think that is working as intended. Otherwise I might be able to build the new aircraft in the other base while the one relocating is still on its way (I can't check because I do not have a workshop in my new base yet). This might be problematic if there is only one hangar at the new base.

Update: It is even worse. After the F16 has reached the new base I still get the no free slot message although there clearly is a free hangar available. Canceling the project and starting a new one did not help.

Edited by Wahngrok

Wahngrok - please report that as a bug in the Bug Reporting forums. We have a dedicated tester to test and verify bugs but he only checks that subforum.

Ah, silly me. I should read the whole list of the forums first. Crossposted in the correct forum now. :rolleyes:

My PC exploded a few days ago and what do i find when it comes back to life? I'm surpised. The game is really hard now.

Chris, i have suggestion about the "quick battle" mode: add the ability to equip vehicles and soldiers before the battle in this mode starts and add a wide selection of currently available weapons and armour (all laser weapons + wolf armour) for that equip screen.

My PC exploded a few days ago and what do i find when it comes back to life? I'm surpised. The game is really hard now.

Chris, i have suggestion about the "quick battle" mode: add the ability to equip vehicles and soldiers before the battle in this mode starts and add a wide selection of currently available weapons and armour (all laser weapons + wolf armour) for that equip screen.

Ooo I like that idea a lot!

if you use the desura client to launch the game, when you hit 'play' it will inform you that there is a patch and ask if you want to install it. after it installs it will ask if you want to launch the game or not, so you can update it and play at a later time (as i did).

What about those of us who don't want to use the Desura client? When is it going to be available to download from http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts because at the moment that is still showing 9.31?

What about those of us who don't want to use the Desura client? When is it going to be available to download from http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts because at the moment that is still showing 9.31?

I'me on a mac, so I can't use Desura. Up till now, I've just been patent, and eventually the standalone is up for download. now I just wish we could get the updated exe separate from the data files, so we don't have to re-download it every time.