Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Medals?

Post Forum Medals?

The forum medals / pre-order badges are no longer available, sorry - they were a reward for the people who pre-ordered Xenonauts in alpha form (i.e. before the Steam Early Access release)!

We actually would have liked to keep supporting them, but unfortunately it is not possible. We've had discontinue them is because they were linked to forum membergroups via Desura when we only sold through Desura, so anyone who bought a copy of the game was able to connect their Desura account to the forum and get a badge for doing so.

We now sell primarily through Steam, and support other sales channels such as the Humble Store as well as Desura (and will add more in future). Therefore most people that buy the game will not have a Desura account, so would not be able to claim a badge.

We don't want to cause arguments or make people feel like they've missed out by buying the game in the "wrong" place, so we decided to discontinue the forum badges at the point where Desura was no longer our only sales channel. Those who already have them will not be stripped of them, but will retain them as a thanks from us for supporting the team in the early stages of development when, frankly, they were taking quite a major leap of faith to buy the game!

The comments in this thread all relate to the old claiming process. I have closed it to new comments now.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Why is monkeychow's name green?
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

PM Chris. It'll be easier for him to reply to you that way.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathra View Post
    Why is monkeychow's name green?
    I just changed my permission group to Xenonaut Premium Preorder

Thanks for removing the badge Chris

I won't disturb him while he is getting things sorted for the big update. If, when he has time and knows of a way, maybe he could add the info to this sticky

So all things being equal I should have a badge and a green name now?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    How would one go about upgrading from standard to premium?
    If you purchase a premium copy on Desura and use Desura Connect, you should get premium (although you probably shouldn't do it this way if you know what's good for you :P).

If you accidentally connected on Desura using the pre-order copy gifted to everyone and got standard, you can use the legacy pre-order page to claim premium and you should get upgraded to premium.
    Last edited by Coma; 11-09-2011 at 21:03.

I'm premium on Desura, it gives me a standard badge though ;z

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstryke View Post
    I'm premium on Desura, it gives me a standard badge though ;z
    This is my problem, too. I paid for bremium, but badge on forum is Standard.

Yeah, my badge is really a platinum, gold, 5 star with sequins, but I guess I will have to make do with a standard pre order one.