The forum medals / pre-order badges are no longer available, sorry - they were a reward for the people who pre-ordered Xenonauts in alpha form (i.e. before the Steam Early Access release)!

We actually would have liked to keep supporting them, but unfortunately it is not possible. We've had discontinue them is because they were linked to forum membergroups via Desura when we only sold through Desura, so anyone who bought a copy of the game was able to connect their Desura account to the forum and get a badge for doing so.

We now sell primarily through Steam, and support other sales channels such as the Humble Store as well as Desura (and will add more in future). Therefore most people that buy the game will not have a Desura account, so would not be able to claim a badge.

We don't want to cause arguments or make people feel like they've missed out by buying the game in the "wrong" place, so we decided to discontinue the forum badges at the point where Desura was no longer our only sales channel. Those who already have them will not be stripped of them, but will retain them as a thanks from us for supporting the team in the early stages of development when, frankly, they were taking quite a major leap of faith to buy the game!

The comments in this thread all relate to the old claiming process. I have closed it to new comments now.

How would one go about upgrading from standard to premium?

If you purchase a premium copy on Desura and use Desura Connect, you should get premium (although you probably shouldn't do it this way if you know what's good for you :P).

If you accidentally connected on Desura using the pre-order copy gifted to everyone and got standard, you can use the legacy pre-order page to claim premium and you should get upgraded to premium.

Edited by Coma

Hi guys,

Pre-order work now, so I can see your game. Standard gift for moment, just for see.

XCOM/UFO is great game, better game after EliteII for me (I wait Elite4 as messia). But many XCOM remake are not very good, I dont like spirit of UFO:AI, UFO aftermath (and fallow) is partial good (idéas, medias) but not fully playable, UFO:ET is good and above with Bman mod but too repetitive (but see UFO:ET2). UFO:TTS, very good with multiplayer and alien side playable ! But canceled ... :(

YOU are my last hope for moment.

Good luck

HK

Right, I think I figured this out now...or, er did I? Clearly I did, but apparently I also have a reading deficiency. I should've activated the legacy thingy, not the Desura. Oh well, I got a badge at least. I'll work on upgrading it to a shiny one once I get back home :P

EDIT: Nevermind! It looks like I managed to solve it anyway. Great feature, by the way!

Edited by Moonshine Fox
I am truly a moron.

Right now I'm rather confused. I received the legacy pre-order email from Desura, and followed the link "the page here" that took me to the Legacy Pre-Order Claim Form. This is where I got lost. The two forms, "User Paypal Address" and "Transaction ID", the first is the email address I have registered with Paypal, correct? But I'm not sure what the second is. I searched my email history, but I can't seem to find "New Subscription Confirmation at Xenonauts.com" anywhere. I did manage to redeem the game on Desura, and I saw the button labeled "Connect Game" but I'm pretty sure that it's not the right thing to do.

I might have gotten two emails, but I can't find the email from Goldhawk Interactive. I remember receiving it, though. I do have the email from paypal, but that's not the email we're looking for.

Apparently, I'm not alone in this. This thread is all about that.

It may be worth Chris's time to sticky a thread for the legacy pre-orderers.

Edited by ZChris13

• 1 month later...

Whenever I try to connect my account, I get this error page:

Desura Connect

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php:235) in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy_preorder_includes/vbulletin_environment.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php:235) in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy_preorder_includes/vbulletin_environment.php on line 3

You are not logged in. You must log in or register in order to connect your forum account with the Desura account.

You may also log on at the forums and return to this page if you prefer.

But I am logged in o_O

• Chris unpinned this topic