Kickstarter Costings!

Only looking for $50,000? That may set some people's alarm bells ringing and actually backfire worse than asking too much.

I think people are starting to get more paranoid:

Link to story about "Questionable Kickstart Cancelled"

But the reason that project was suspicious wasn't really the ammound that were asked for? It was because he contradicted himself and blatantly stole both images and text from other sources?

*shrug* Could be worse.

yay! almost a compliment :-)

No doubt Kickstarter will attract it's fair share of chancers.But the work completed in Xenonauts removes it from any possible comparison.

The only issue would be if there were so many fake kickstarter scams that the whole thing folded or adversely affected funding for the genuine games. Considering the success of kickstarter, something would fill the void in a few heartbeats.

yay! almost a compliment :-)

No doubt Kickstarter will attract it's fair share of chancers.But the work completed in Xenonauts removes it from any possible comparison.

The only issue would be if there were so many fake kickstarter scams that the whole thing folded or adversely affected funding for the genuine games. Considering the success of kickstarter, something would fill the void in a few heartbeats.

mount and blade sold copies for their game (original one) while in early beta, as they got closer to release the price went up, to a final price of $40. minecraft released a barebones, relatively bug free, online only game, before taking money in order develop minecraft as it is today. dwarf fortress releases it's versions free, living off of a almost exclusively 1 man development team from donations only. kickstarter is just something to help with the financial side of things for indie developers to get off the ground, alternatives have always and hopefully will always exist. it isn't that i think that kickstarter is a bad thing, i just think that if it is the only game in town (so to speak), then it will get abused and cause bad things for the indie market.

Can't wait until the Kickstarter starts. I decided fairly recently to pick this up but figure I may as well wait until your kickstarter starts and help reach your goal.

I'm presuming that kickstarter purchasers will also be able to download future beta copies the same as normal pre-orders after the kickstarter closes? And until then I'll have the public beta to play with :)