Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Proposed Kickstarter reward tiers!

personally I'd be most keen on a geeky T-Shirt and a nice box to put on my shelf.

with price fluctuations, it is currently 1/2 the price to fly from oakland to london than SFO to london. the drive difference on average is about 25min. between airports. at one point clean air group or some such was pushing for cutting of subsidies to their airlines, in real world economics that means more people driving to get to their destination, like here in america. often times it is cheaper to take a bus, though as distance increases that becomes less true. a search on prices suggest that it would have been cheaper for you to the same IceVamp. i bet the clean air people didn't think that through.

Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    with price fluctuations, it is currently 1/2 the price to fly from oakland to london than SFO to london. the drive difference on average is about 25min. between airports. at one point clean air group or some such was pushing for cutting of subsidies to their airlines, in real world economics that means more people driving to get to their destination, like here in america. often times it is cheaper to take a bus, though as distance increases that becomes less true. a search on prices suggest that it would have been cheaper for you to the same IceVamp. i bet the clean air people didn't think that through.
    I live about 1000 miles from the cheapest airport that flies to Scotland. That flight was as expensive as the flight(s) to get to it domestically. If I'd flown from Gardemoen, our biggest airport a couple of miles from where I flew from, the international flight would have cost a lot more like you suggest.

Total cost of flight was about $870. Over half was domestic. It's horrendous. When I told the bride I was there rather than buying a new PC she was shocked and said she would never have done that.
    Last edited by IceVamp; 05-02-2012 at 04:54.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

I hope it wasn't your wedding, IceVamp?
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

now THAT would have been a conversation I would have liked to see if it really was your own wedding!
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Haha, no. Though the groom concurred, he wouldn't have either. At least I can lord this over them forever!
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Late to the thread... but really important (not sure if covered before)..

You should definitely have a 1$/5$ tier to have people contribute just to contribute (no real reward).
    Lots of people might just want to throw a few bucks your way without preordering (or have already preordered and want to contribute an extra dollar) or can't contribute at the 15$ level, etc...

Just saying you could be leaving a few dollars on the table ...

**edit1: sorry its been mentioned before (still relevant).
    Also, rewards i would be most interested in - def name in credits and a t-shirt.
    Sorry Chris, I'm sure your a nice guy and all, but if you were to come visit, id have to take you out, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment :P
    Last edited by Ghost1082; 05-03-2012 at 00:50.
    Shouting mans face!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1082 View Post
    You should definitely have a 1$/5$ tier to have people contribute just to contribute (no real reward).
    There doesn't need to be a special tier for that. Anyone can back a project below the lowest available tier just by typing in the amount they wish to donate without selecting any tiers.
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"

<== Unaware.

well then, consider my post retracted.
    Shouting mans face!

Just a question, sorry if it's already been answered. Will it be possible to get a t-shirt if we've put in a premium pre-order through here? I'd be willing to drop $20 on one, most likely.