Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile - Or "How Diablo 3 should have been"

That would depend what update 10 says, it may be information that only backers need to know.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Coffin Stuffer
    Quote Originally Posted by IceVamp View Post
    Well, it's a thank you to the backers. If you didn't back it, you get no thanks! Why not put down $18 and get a game at a good price?
    Diablo 3
    Torchlight 2
    Xenonauts
    Xcom by Firaxis
    BF 3 armored expansion
    Orcs Must Die 2
    Faster Than Light

uhhh I think that sums it up <3

Only so much time and money haha. I thought maybe the new update had a video or smth in it which would have been silly but a simple thanks makes sense. Still when it's ongoing as a drive, even if the goal is made, I'm not sure I agree with having backer only updates <shrug>

I can see where you're coming from , but I don't mind. Obviously I'm biased.
    Isn't the BF3 expansion called Close Combat? There were some new gameplay in the video as a reward, and I agree that it could have been made public. It won't hurt their thing!
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Coffin Stuffer
    The first BF 3 expansion is close quarters combat but there are two more announced, one of which is huge maps with tons of armor and the return of ATVs!

I've been playing during the open beta weekend, and while it's fun I certainly wouldn't call it the "saviour of the genre". It plays almost exactly like Diablo 2, which is a good thing if you like Diablo 2, but the skill system is quite different; rather than investing in a skill when you level up, you put gems into your armour/weapons which enable the use of skills and spells. Example: I get a fire bolt gem, I put that into my wand, I can cast a fire bolt. I haven't played the game long enough to make a solid statement, but I kind of prefer to have control over the skills and spells I'm going to be using, rather than having to rely on chance for a drop, or pay out of my ass for a particularly rare spell. The skill tree contains purely passive abilities, such +damage, +crit chance, and the tree is absolutely fucking huge, when I first opened I was overwhelmed by the fucking spider-web of skills you can invest in, which is a great thing when compared to how simplified Diablo 3 is. So yeah, over-all it's decent, but nothing amazing, and I'm more excited for Grim Dawn because in my opinion Titan Quest was the last great Diablo-like game.

Quote Originally Posted by IceVamp View Post
    I can see where you're coming from , but I don't mind. Obviously I'm biased.
    Isn't the BF3 expansion called Close Combat? There were some new gameplay in the video as a reward, and I agree that it could have been made public. It won't hurt their thing!
    Pffft... BF3 should stick with large open maps. If was wanted to play a cluster-frak map, i'd have bought COD.

Anyway, I'm saving up for the Nexus: The Jupiter Incident 2 kickstarter which is due to start in the next couple of weeks.

Coffin Stuffer
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDylan View Post
    Pffft... BF3 should stick with large open maps. If was wanted to play a cluster-frak map, i'd have bought COD.
    I'm 100% with you on that. I'm skipping Close Quarters I think and just waiting for the armored expansion this fall.

Great representation of the D3 launch day.
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"

/\, Yeah, I couldn't get my copy online and couldn't play yesterday. I'm not that annoyed, to be honest, I feel more in the mood to play space games ATM (Just replayed Homeworld 1 & 2) anyow. But I do think that this is bullshiet that I'm beeing prevented from using something I payed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc View Post
    Great representation of the D3 launch day.
    Ha ha! I love that!
    I'm still waiting for my copy... should arrive tomorrow...