Request for help installing the community edition

T.C.

I would like to try the community edition. If I understand the install process correctly, the first thing I need to do is download the "base mod" and "mod pack". I have successfully downloaded the base mod and I now have a file called xce.zip on my disk. I have not, however, been able to download the mod pack. The install instructions lead me to the URL http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=148&act=down&actionhash=guest . When I navigate to that URL, however, I arrive at what looks like a Dropbox error page.

Can anyone offer advice on how to download the mod pack?

-TC

Strictly speaking, you only need the base mod download. The mod pack is just a collection of other mods that have been packaged for convenience. So to use XCE, all you actually need to do is install the mod in your xenonauts/assets/mods folder.

This said, if you want the mod pack, the link was working ok for me. When it takes you to the dropbox page, click "no thanks, continue to download" if it comes up with the sign-in page and then wait. If that doesn't work, click the download button in the top right corner and again click to ignore the sign-in page; that's worked for me twice now.

Thank you. Your advice for downloading the mod pack worked... sort of. For some reason, my computer was blocking some of the javascript the Dropbox page wanted to run on my computer, so everything looked messed up, and even when I was able to find the download button, something strange was going on and I had to try several times before I finally got the file. But I have it now, so all is good.

-TC