XENONAUTS 2 Alien Infestation, anyone?

Hi All, I've already raised some of this as a wish list with Goldhawk already, but wondered what the community thinks.

First, recall or look up these books and TV/movies - the TV series The Invaders, Robert Heinlen's sci-fi book The Puppet Masters, the three Professor Quatermass movies, and, finally THE THING (the Kurt Russell version).

I am hoping X2 stays firmly in the 1970's Cold War era, but I would love to see some introductory scenarios where the troopers have to deal with small villages which have had many of the occupants assimilated or taken over (mind-controlled or actual parasitic infestation) by aliens. The troopers' task is to investigate, and clean up the mess if possible. Maybe the infested humans are colder than normal, and the troopers have to get close to examine them with an IR scanner. AND, I would like to see it possible for the player's own troopers to be infected too BUT for the player not to realize this (ie the player is using the trooper normally) until the alien decides to break out (this MAY even take place back at a Base????) NOTE! An "upgraded" Medical Facility should be available in the tech tree to allow for advanced screening of troopers.

Alien Infestation could lead to some REALLY paranoid moments. I could even see a situation where the player's infected base has been so badly infested that there is an option to nuke it, sterilise it, and rebuild elsewhere.

What do you think?

Kim

• 4 weeks later...

That could surely be implement that quite easily (maybe, I have no real idea) in the existing game by having the aliens mind control the civilian units on the map. Those civs could then arm themselves, possibly carrying live grenades to your troops or acting as human shields for the aliens.

I like the paranoia aspect of it. It could play into the aliens being actually quite weak as a physical army but more effective infiltrators. That being said, I think it is a little late to put this kinda mechanic in the new game. You're probably best off figuring out how it could become a mod of existing mechanics.