GC alien turn bug - musical chairs that never ends

Hi All,

I am running the CE 0.34.1 unofficial, using XNT V6 patched.

I have this thing where I will end my turn in GC, for the alien turn to immediately just screen centre on my guys one by one forever.

Hence the musical chairs.

I had not been on in ages, and when I launched Steam, there was an update - I assume to be the latest community edition.

I started a Vet game using the XNT mod (not the patched version). This ran fine until I was a month in and visiting a shot down small scout, a couple of turns in and BAM. Musical chairs. I had completed several landed/ downed ships prior.

I re-loaded the GC autosave, musical chairs. I loaded prior to the GC, went to GC, after a couple of turns - guess what - musical chairs.

I went through these forums, no reference to musical chairs. Just other random crashes.

I saw XNT had a patched version, so I deleted the old XNT mod, and installed the patched version. Still I have musical chairs.

This is soooo frustrating. The best strategy game ever (I have to say that is with the CE and XNT of course), and I cannot play because the alien's are more interested in perving at my guys and gals..... in an infinite loop of course.

I know there will be suggestions that I just re-install everything. I would rather just wait until Xenonauts 2 if a less practical solution is not offered.

Cheers from a long time XCOM/ XENONAUTS fan, any help at all will be appreciated.

EDIT: Additional information - It seems like the aliens do things prior to the musical chairs. I can hear doors opening ETC. But as soon as the centre screening starts, there is no other action/ noises.

EDIT2: Apologies, after reading the forum rules, after the fact I have realised that I have broken several rules by posting this here. I would close this thread, but am desperate for advice. Can someone point me in the right direction?

- B

Edited by Bryan42

FYI - In case someone else ever gets musical chairs, I fixed it by re-installing everything, and It was not installing OOS properly that caused lots of bugs to happen. I am currently bug free.

I am happily a month in now, getting my but handed to me by corvettes! I am a strong supporter of doing these games ironman, but to those that are running XNT + OOS, good luck to you. After my third fail, with my tail between my legs I have started a game that is not ironman - but restrict my loads to once per week/ once per GC.

Even though I got no replies, I see many people read this - thanks for the thought peoples.

Cheers,

Bryan42