Most Anti-Climatic First Ground Combat Mission EVER.

Screenshot (14).png

That is just the most anti-climatic ground combat mission EVER. Since that debrief doesn't really tell you anything, here's what happened: I got my teams out, the shield dude going left saw an alien, the team going right, the other shield dude and shotgunner came over, took potshots at the alien, all missed, then got reaction fire by the machinegunner who was aimed out the right dropship door when the alien started to run to the shields and shotgunners, the secound alien was blasted by a shotgun when we saw him. I didn't even SEE the UFO.

That was anti-climatic.

Screenshot (14).png

577e7d5da5621_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.b

• 1 month later...

He he ... I've seen missions where my fighters shot up the UFO so badly that before I could gun down the aliens, the local AI controlled cops or military killed them and I never even saw an alien.

All in a day's work for ... Xenonauts!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday my jets shot a UFO down on a farm and the only surviving local force was a farmer. I kept hearing gun shots but couldn't see them. Then finally we came across a farmer packing a shotgun and I positioned all my troops and ended turn. An alien came into our and the farmer's sight and he just flat rekt it, he shot like 3 or 4 times in a row. I kept finding dead aliens around the barn lol. He killed at least 3 or 4. He seemed pretty pissed off judging by his sheer badassery.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, emikochan said:

I do love the civilians /cops, specially when they go on a killing spree :D Humanity fuck yeah!

We tried to give much more civilian and militia to the maps at our mod. They fight well and it's nice to go into a battle which is already started. 

I like to see local forces doing something besides showing up to get killed like the red shirts in the original star trek.  Had a battle on a military base and the local ground forces were doing a good job of defending their base.  All I had to do was capture the UFO.  How unusual for a UFO to get shot down by my fighters over a military base.  So far it's happened like 3 times out of 22 shoot downs.  Also had 3 battles on the same farm layout.  Is there a problem with the game picking the site of the battle?  And EVERY shoot down has occurred where there are buildings.  Drive thru Kansas, Iowa, or Arizona some time and notice you can drive for many many minutes (sometimes HOURS?) without ever seeing a building.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2016 at 7:02 AM, Larry Burstyn said:

I like to see local forces doing something besides showing up to get killed like the red shirts in the original star trek.  Had a battle on a military base and the local ground forces were doing a good job of defending their base.  All I had to do was capture the UFO.  How unusual for a UFO to get shot down by my fighters over a military base.  So far it's happened like 3 times out of 22 shoot downs.  Also had 3 battles on the same farm layout.  Is there a problem with the game picking the site of the battle?  And EVERY shoot down has occurred where there are buildings.  Drive thru Kansas, Iowa, or Arizona some time and notice you can drive for many many minutes (sometimes HOURS?) without ever seeing a building.

On 8/8/2016 at 7:35 AM, Charon said:

This is something i´ve been wondering about for a long time too.

Vanilla-wise, there are actually only about a dozen environments that the team was able to produce while remaining on-budget ('course, that didn't exactly stop certain fans from producing a gigantic mod-pack that greatly expanded the map pool).

On topic: Oh god...I remember the D-Day esque mission starts back in the Quickstart option of the Beta...