[V18 - Manufacturing] MIG can't begin manufacturing"

Some kind of help statement or tips would be useful

"You have access to a new type of aircraft. In order to be able to manufacture a new aircraft, you will need a hanger for it to be built in"

Also, since an experience player will know that they are going to need hanger space sooner than later, a getting started tip of "Build an empty hanger so that in the future you will either be able to house new aircraft, or maybe even store an alien craft that you are rebuilding."

[Disclaimer, I don't know if we can capture enemy aircraft]

Afaik you can not house enemy crafts in your hangars. You can secure a UFO as an alternative victory condition but you dont't get to keep it. You just strip it for parts.

Some people (me included) think that part of the X-com charm is that the game doesn't play itself for you. You don't get instructions such as "build a spare hangar" you have to figure it out yourself and feel good about it. (the player feels rewarded for figureing it out rather then feel like he is performing a task) Sure you get a few hints. I think Chris said it would be in the Xenopedia if it isnt already? But you should still be able to make mistakes such as not haveing an empty hangar.

If need be there could simply be an extra empty hangar in the base from the beginning. It should be fairly simple to deduct that the reason you can only build one MiG is bcause it filled up that emtpy hangar.

Edited by Gorlom

Jeez, imagine having to find space for every UFO that the retrieval team bring back.

I guess there were a lot of high explosives used at the crash site to break it up for alloys.

Or else there are a lot of Elerium Towers apartments springing up across the globe.

Now I'm thinking about it, would it have been cool just to not bother with the Firestorms and Lightnings and just use a captured battleship against the aliens? Another reason why reverse engineering is important so as not to ruin game balance.

Obviously you won't be able to fly the battleship. My guess is that none of the pilots voluenteers to sit in the pilotseat since it seems that the steering stickis located in the middle of the seat and also doubles as an anal probe. Those aliens really have some strange alcholocks eh?

Edited by Gorlom

As a hint, V9.2 has three initial interceptors, whereas the earlier had only two. So, when the MiG becomes available, just sell one F-17 et voilà, empty hangar space and still enough interceptors to shoot down anything that can come at you at this developmental stage of the game :)

In addition, I think those hints and tips will make it into tooltips or the manual sooner or later. It's just that this is the alpha, and a lot of stuff isn't properly explained.