[V-1.59 - Start Up Screen] No Mouse Cursor

I haven't played this game in about 6 months or so and decided to bring it back for some fun. Anyway, when I get to the start up screen to choose from loading games, beginning a new one, etc, I have no visible mouse cursor. I can still click on things and move to other screens, but cannot see what is being clicked. The issue continues once I've loaded up a game and it cannot be seen in the Geoscape. I have a Windows 10 OS if that matters at all. I checked to see if I would have a mouse issue in other games, and so far I have not found one. I'm not running any mods aside from one of the map packs.

As someone who is fairly technologically inept, thanks for any help I can get.

Not being a dev, the only thing I can suggest is if you got it through Steam, try updating to the latest version or shuffle over to CE and see if that makes any difference.

Thank you for the suggestions. I switched over the CE and unfortunately it did not make a difference. As far as I can tell, I have the latest version of Xenonauts, assuming it is 1.59. I haven't seen an option to update to anything else, but I could be dense and easily missing it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's really odd - usually if there's a fundamental technical issue with the game, switching to CE solves it. The game generally works fine in Windows 10 too and whilst there was an issue with the cursor with the Mac / Linux ports of the game, I've not heard of it with Windows.

I guess the best thing to do is to get a refund if you can't see an obvious way around it; I'm not really sure there's much we can do to solve it at this end unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found the way around it!! At least for me.

I have a Windows 10 ASUS laptop with two graphics cards: an Intel integrated graphics card (for low consumption) and a GeForce (for playing 3D games). The GeForce has the problems so I right-clicked on the xenonauts.exe and selected "Run with graphics processor"->"Integrated graphics". And the problem was solved.

You can also select "Run with graphics processor"->"Change the default graphics processor..." for xenonauts.exe and you will not need to right click anymore.

If you want to add a shortcut to the start menu you will also need to change the default graphics card for that shortcut. So right-click again on xenonauts.exe, select "Pin to Start", find the icon in the start menu, right-click on it and select More->"Open file location". There you will find the new xenonauts sortcut and change the default graphics card for that one too (do as above).

Edited by Cachurro

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Windows 10 ASUS laptop with two graphics cards: an Intel integrated graphics card (for low consumption) and a GeForce (for playing 3D games). The GeForce has the problems so I right-clicked on the xenonauts.exe and selected "Run with graphics processor"->"Integrated graphics". And the problem was solved.

You can also select "Run with graphics processor"->"Change the default graphics processor..." for xenonauts.exe and you will not need to right click anymore.

If you want to add a shortcut to the start menu you will also need to change the default graphics card for that shortcut. So right-click again on xenonauts.exe, select "Pin to Start", find the icon in the start menu, right-click on it and select More->"Open file location". There you will find the new xenonauts sortcut and change the default graphics card for that one too (do as above).

It's obviously been a little while since I've logged in and finally seeing this response. Anywho, I'm not the most technologically adept individual. I'm not sure I know what is meant by or where to find xenonauts.exe. I definitely need the "dummies" version. Thank you for any clarification given along with the above suggestion!

After lots of messing around, I finally figured it out and it definitely worked. Thank you so much Cachurro!