Hunter Scout destroyed by a tree?!

Valerian

I didn't find that behaviour mentioned anywhere:

I had a full life Hunter Scout just out of the helicopter, I ordered it to go somewhere, and there was a palm tree on the way, which was considered as passable according to the planned path to take (the same as fences and small rocks).

The Hunter Scout starts moving, and when it encountered the palm tree, it just exploded.

Is this a bug or intended? Is there a random chance of malfunction when crossing an obstacle?

I'm starting to regret doing my first ironman playthrough, I guess I will start making backups ...

Edited by Valerian

May be because palm trees are collapsible (like buildings). As such, when the Hunter moved through and destroyed the base, the rest of the palm tree collapsed on it and destroyed it. Could easily be fixed by making it non-collapsible or else impassable to vehicles.

May be because palm trees are collapsible (like buildings). As such, when the Hunter moved through and destroyed the base, the rest of the palm tree collapsed on it and destroyed it. Could easily be fixed by making it non-collapsible or else impassable to vehicles.

So this is a confirmed issue, should it be reported? Do you know if it's both in CE and main branch?

Yeah, I imagine kabill's right about the upper part of the tree collapsing and it's certainly not intended behavior.

Tanks aren't meant to be able to drive through trees though. If you're playing X:CE then I wouldn't be surprised if that's an issue unique to X:CE as I've also never heard it reported before (could be wrong tho).