Lowering the speed of the invasion.

Seth12786

Hi there!

Long time owner of Xenonuats here.

However i've never really beaten the game due to being unable to keep up with the riswing attacks of the invasion.

I know my way around xml and the likes and was wondering if anyone could tell me what variables i would need to mess with to change the Ticker from going up so fast

Thanks in Advance!

Best bet would be to modify the difficulty-level modifiers in gameconfig.xml as this will require adjusting only one value rather than several. I can't remember exactly what the variables are now but if you have a scan though you should find it pretty easily, it will be something like <[DIFFICULTYLEVEL]_tickerspeedmultiplier>. Note that it's a multiplier, so the higher it is the faster the ticker will increase (so you want a lower value). Make sure to change the one that applies to the difficulty level you are playing at.

In gameconfig.xml alienTickerSpeedNormal value="0.9". I have mine set to 7. Over 6 month before i see a Cruiser with a Leader on board.

I have also changed:

alienAITickerIdle value="0.002315" to 1315

alienWavePeriod value="7200" to 10800

reinforcementChance value="50" to 25

baseAttackMissionDelay value="21" to 28

terrorMissionDelay value="14" t0 21

minMissionCount value="3" to 2

maxMissionCount value="7" to 5